Encounters Recollected

Encounters Recollected Pt. 15

"-Down, toward the ground we both fell. My swords against it's vile fangs and hairy, monstrous legs!" Isilmë made an upright motion with her arms, as if she were wielding those very blades she spoke of just now. Two little gasps were heard before Isilmë's name was spoken with a warning undertone. "And then your naneth was, unfortunately, caught telling horrid, horrid bed time stories of days past."

"Ada!" The two little voices jumped at the sight of their father, giggling as they instantly ran to his side before dashing past him once they caught sight of their older brother. "Honeg," the twin boys sang together as they crashed into the taller blonde. One with dark raven-like hair and the other as pale and gold as wheat. Both children had the regal storm and steely blue of their father and eldest brother's eyes. Legolas chuckled at the expression on their father's face as the children clung to him instead. He gave Isilmë a small grin before departing and whisking Araglas and Celeêl away with him.

Isilmë gazed at her husband expectantly, the jewel hanging from his collar similar in design to the mithril ring worn on both their index fingers. Thranduil's eyes softened as he gazed at her and her lovely beauty. The same fire in her eyes from years ago was still there, he noted as he trailed his eyes down her face. The Elven King stood near his seated wife, gently caressing the side of her face with the back of his hands. His knuckles gently ran across her cheek bone, down the curve of her jaw and collar bone. His light in his eyes dimmed as the perfect skin under his hand seemed to deteriorate away, leaving behind a dark, violet and angry scar behind on Isilmë's flesh.

Isilmë smiled, placing her hand over his, breaking his thoughts and catching his eye. "It has been over three decades since the encounter, my King. Am I not as whole as you, melamin?" Slowly, the elleth rose. She instantly leaned against the warmth radiating from Thranduil as he held her hand with his own and caressed her arm with the other. Their noses almost touched at the proximity, and the heady scent which was always her surrounded him as she calmly raised a hand to his left cheek. It had taken years for his barriers to slowly crumble near this beautiful elleth, whom had accepted him wholly even before her own unfortunate encounter with an immortal enemy.

"No," he whispered to her. "You are more than whole..." He kissed her then, loving the sensation of her supple lips as they molded to his own. He reluctantly pulled back, knowing full well how quickly their interactions now escalated when the opportunity arose (and when distractions were no longer present.) His, already, clear yet dark eyes seemed smoldering as he gazed at her. Her skin prickled and heated under his ministrations. She smiled at his attentions as he continued to speak. "You are perfect. I should have claimed you sooner," his voice remained low as the sun settled in the background. "Two decades of war and you avoided me." She smiled at his reminder as he narrowed his eyes at her and smirked. "Two decades of war and you never once wore the ring I gave you."

A pout easily made it's way to Isilmë's lips as she placed her hand behind his neck. "You know, as well as I, that I wore it."

"Not as intended," he interjected as he slowly brought forward the ornate mithril links around her neck. She still kept the ring of their time betrothed on a chain, and that thought alone made him smile possessively as he remembered their celebrated union. He remembered her father arriving from Rivendell to place their hands together, while blessing and invoking mother Varda and father Manwe as their witnesses. He remembered the night he finally explored her mind, body and soul. How willing and fiery she was, even then, as they exploited one another. The final feeling of filling her with his own essence as he claimed her as his and his alone. All of these thoughts plagued his mind once more as he regarded her.

"What are you thinking of," she questioned, her smile turning devious as she brought him down for another kiss. Her hands played freely with the strands of hair on the back of his neck as his arms wrapped around her and tightened.

"Of renewing our marriage."

"Thranduil!" Isilmë chided as he smiled down at her. And it was a free smile, one without the worries or stress of a King. It was one where he could finally open up and let himself fall... over and over again. Into her awaiting arms.

~Fin~