Chapter Nine

We pull up to Wayne Manor, and I have never realized how big it is. I mean yeah I have almost always been in my room but still. This place is ginormous, I could see it from the road. Once Stephanie pulls the car to a stop I jump out and open the backseat door. Stephanie comes around to help me carry the trunk up to the door. We manage to get it to the door before Alfred opens it.

"Would you girls like some help?" he asks in his British accent.

We both nod.

Alfred turns around and cups his hands around his mouth, "Master Tim, Master Damian, come here." He yells.

About three and a half minutes later the two boys come complaining about what-not.  They stop behind Alfred, not yet seeing us.

"What." Damian says.

"Please carry this trunk up to Arabella's room." Alfred says then walks away before the two can complain.

The two boys just looked at us then grumbled something and carried the chest inside. Stephanie was laughing at how they reacted, and I did not understand. So I stayed quiet like I always do. Stephanie and I followed them in and up the stairs to my room. When we got to my room I opened the door for them, so that they would not have to set the chest down. I held open the door and the two boys, followed by Stephanie, stepped into my room. I close the door and stand by it. Tim and Damian put the chest near the office door, and Stephanie sits on my bed.

"What is in that thing?" Damian asks.

I just stare at him.

"Yeah, it weighs a ton." Tim says.

I still don't answer, but instead I walk over to them and the trunk and I open it. Tim and Damian peer inside the old carved wooden trunk. Stephanie walks over to the trunk and looks inside too. Tim and Stephanie start pulling things out of the trunk while Damian stands at the edge of the trunk looking at what they pull out. Almost after everything is pulled out Stephanie and I are setting the items on the bed.

*CRASH*

I stop what I'm doing and look around the room to see what crashed or fell or whatever. I turn in almost a complete circle and stop when I see Damian frozen in place. I look down at the ground to see a picture fram busted and the picture laying in the glass. I walk over to Damian but I stop short and bend down to examine the picture.

~Damian's P.O.V.~

           That picture. Why does she have a picture of Ra's Al Ghul?! My grandfather! This is to weird I need to find out answers. I snap out of my daze and look around for Arabella only to see that she is bent down in the ground holding the picture, examining it. I can see a type of confusion in her eyes. I bend down next to her and she looks at my. Uh, what do I say.

"Sorry about your picture. I guess it slipped." I say. Well I linda told the truth.

"It's ok." She whispers.

She starts to pick up the glass with her bare hands but I stop her by grabbing her hands. She stares at me.

"I'll call Alfred." I walk over to the buzzer by the door, I can feel Arabella's eyes on me the whole time. I press the com button and speak into it.

"Alfred glass broke in Arabella's room."

"Be right there Young Master Damian." He replies.

I walk back over to Arabella and sit down on the floor next to her.

"Oh by the way she likes to go by Bella." Stephanie tells us.

I look back at her and Drake, "How do you know?"

"I asked."

"Yeah, sure you did." I turn back to Bella to see her smiling at Stephanie.

"Well I think we're going to head downstairs. See ya Bella." Drake says getting off the bed.

Stephanie follows closing the door behind them. I look back to Bella, she's staring at me. Again! I kind of wish she would stop, it's starting to creep me out. But on the other hand I kind of like the attention from her. Odd but true. Ugh! What has gotten into me!?!   I get pulled out of my thoughts when the opens to reveal Alfred equipped with a broom and pan.

"Where is the broken glass?" He asks.

Before I can answer Bella points in front of us. Alfred thanks her then gets to work cleaning up the glass. It doesn't take him very long to clean it all up and when he is getting ready to leave I ask him to wait by the door, and he agrees.

"Hey Bella can I see that picture for a minute."

She hands it to me, but not before she takes one last look at it. I take the picture and walk up to Alfred by the door.

"Yes young master Damian?" Alfred asks.

I show Alfred the picture. "Why does she have this? How does she know Ra's Al Ghul?" I drop my voice to a whisper.

"I do not know. But maybe your father will." Alfred whispers.

I thank him and he leaves. I walk back over to Bella and hand her the picture. She takes it from me and stands up to walk over to her bed. She places the picture next to all of the stuff from the trunk. I walk up next to her and point to the art supplies.

"Are you good."

She nods in response, but doesn't speak. Ok then. I point to the instruments next.

"Do you play?"

She nods again.

"Can you play something for me?" I ask.

She picks up the guitar and sits down on the edge of the bed, careful not to sit on anything. Bella strums a chord then repositions the guitar on her lap. I sit down next her, waiting for her to play. And when she starts it sounds beautiful, just like her.