Chapter Ten

I strum a random chord to see how well I remember how to play the guitar. It still feels natural, but I have to resitutate the guitar on my lap. I grab the wooden pick from beside me and I start to play the first song that pops into my head. I play the song Stay With Me by Sam Smith, sadly it's the only one I remember how to play correctly. Sad, I know. While playing that song I completly space that Damian is in the room on the bed beside be. Oops. When I stop playing the song I turn toward Damian. He is smiling, actually smiling at me. I think that is the first time he has since I have been here.

"That was Amazing, Bella!"

"Thank you Damian." I say quietly.

We sit in silence for what feels like forever. I stare out the double French doors that lead out to my balcony. I guess Damian noticed.

"What are you looking at?" He says following my gaze. "What's out there?"

I turn and look at him, "My balcony."

He gives me a puzzled glance.I shake my head at him and get up off of the bed. I walk over to the doors and pull the open, Damian follows me outside. I still can't believe the view out here. It is amazing! The view overlooks the back of the mansion, the part that leads to the gardens and to the right I can see part of a waterfall in the distance. I think that I might come back and paint this some time.

"I wish I could have a balcony." Damian says admiring the view.

I laugh a little. He turns and smiles at me. I leave Damian to take in the rest of the view and I sit down on the stone bench by the edge of the balcony. I put my hands on the cool metal railing and look out over the grounds. I like to come out here and think a lot. Like a lot. I feel a presence next to me, I turn my head to see Damian sitting next to me. He smiles at me and I smile back. I start to turn my attention back to the grounds but Damian says something so I keep my attention on him.

"Why do you only talk to me and no one else?" he asks.

I shrug.

"See now you won't even talk to me." he throws his hands up in exasperation/surrender.

I laugh.

"No but seriously why won't you really talk to people?" he asks all serious like.

"I don't know. I don't trust a lot of people....." I trail off.

"Oh."

We sit in silence the rest of the time just looking out over the grounds at the back of the mansion. This became awkward really fast. I hope it isn't this awkward in the future...