Chapter 14 : Wish

Alyssa's POV

Jungkook and I had been close, very close eversince I found out he's the oppa I've been looking for. We went to canteen together, shop together and tease Jimin-oppa together. It was fun. He treated me like a princess, like how he used to treat me. Which also means that Jinyoung has no chance to take my Kookie-oppa away. What was I thinking?, I thought.

"LYSA!", shouted Haeun. I jumped a little. I turned behind and saw Jungkook laughing at me. I pouted and looked at Haeun. "Whaaaaaat~", I said. Well, I'm also a girl okay. No big deal. "What were you thinking?", asked Haeun while winking. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

Suddenly, came running the class monitor. He went to his seat right away and eyed some of us. We obediently sat at our own seats, knowing that Mr. Hanuel is on his way here. Jungkook tapped my shoulders and asked, "What were you thinking?". I blushed a little. I turned away from him and replied, "No-no-thing. Just some maths questions I couldn't solve yesterday".

He turned my head around and continued, "Are you okay? You seem like you have something to hide". The gaps between our faces were close. Not really close, but close. I tried to talk, or at least answer but what came out from my unfaithful mouth was nothing as if I've lost my words. What is going on Alyssa, I thought.

I feel my cheeks burning up badly as crimson red colour posses my cheek again. "I-I- I told you it's nothing, I'm fine!", I said. Suddenly, Mr. Hanuel came in the class, clearing his throat. "Let's begin our lesson today, shall we?"

After class, I walked up to the rooftop. I silently cursed myself for being shy around Jungkook. Remember, he's an idol, I made a mental note. I sat down on the bench as I always do. I sighed as I feel the wind. I gently closed my eyes, and thought of how Jungkook and I met when we were little.

Flashback

'Ding dong, ding dong', sound of the doorbell. A woman dressed in faint coloured pink blouse and a pure white knee-length skirt went to get the door. "Oh my, Mrs. Jeon. You don't have to visit me. I should go to you actually", said that woman with a huge smile on her face. "It's alright Mrs. Kim, neighbors visits each other", chuckled Mrs. Jeon.

Mrs. Kim then looked down. And there, stood a little boy. "And I bet this is your son?", she asked. The little boy immediately bow 90 degrees and greeted, "Annyeonghaseyo omonim, Jeon Jungkook imida". Mrs. Kim patted on little Jungkook's head. "Oh I'm sorry, please, come in. Make yourself home", she said.

She then continued, "How old is your son?". Little Jungkook stood up, wouldn't let his mother answer. "Omma, I should answer this myself. I'm going to be a teenager soon!", said Jungkook. Mrs. Jeon chuckled and answered "Alright, you're growing up". Little Jungkook continued, "Omonim, I'm 5 years old".

Mrs. Kim chuckled at little Jungkook's cute expression. She turned her head around, facing the staircase which leads second floor and called, "Alyssa! Come here. There's someone I'd like you to meet!". Heavy footsteps can be heard as a little girl responded, "Coming!".

Little Jungkook was excited to meet someone. Although he was just five this year, but he seems to know more than a normal kid would know. He tried to sit in a polite way, and make sure his hair was neat. Just like going on a date. So much for a five years old kid.

Little Alyssa ran down the stairs and head towards her mother. She greeted Mrs. Jeon and gave a polite smile at little Jungkook. Mrs Kim continued, "Alyssa, this is Jungkook and Jungkook, this is Alyssa". Little Alyssa introduced herself, continued by Jungkook. After that, their mothers went to discuss something in the kitchen, leaving the kids at the living room.

Little Jungkook, tried to ease up the awkwardness between little Alyssa and him. So, he decided to talk. "Erm, what month are you born in?", he aked. Little Alyssa looked at him and answered "On Christmas Eve, December". Jungkook smiled a little and continued, "I'm born in the September. I'm your oppa."

Little Alyssa tilted her head a little and responded, "Oppa..? Jung Gook-oppa?". Little Jungkook laughed at her cuteness and her effort trying to pronounce his name. "It's Kook not Gook", said little Jungkook. Minutes later, little Alyssa gave up and  said, "Kookie-oppa. I'll call you kookie-oppa". Little Jungkook nodded his head in defeat.

End of Flashback

My eyes were still closed, thinking about our childhood moments. Suddenly, my mind was filled with Jungkook. Not little Jungkook but Jungkook. I thought about how he said about protecting me, how he took care of me. Suddenly, something came into my mind.

Another flashback

"Oppa~ Where are you going?", asked Jinyoung while clinging onto Jungkook's arms. I hid behind a tree and observed the situation in confusion. Jungkook swung his arms and walked away from Jinyoung. She slowly walked up to Jungkook and said something to him. Suddenly, she was clinging onto Jungkook again. This time, Jungkook did not budge at all.

End of flashback

Thinking of that makes me feel angry. Why would Jungkook hang out with her? Why didn't he swung his arms and walked away from her again? Hold up. Why am I bothered? Do I like him?, I thought

My thoughts were soon to be disturbed. Someone tapped my shoulders. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jungkook. I realized that we're too close so I jumped a little and push him away. "What are you trying to do!", I screamed. He answered, while laughing, "Identifying whether you're still alive or not". I pouted.

Jungkook then sat beside me and asked, "What were you thinking? Our memories?". "Yea, but that question came out a little wrong", I answered.  He raised an eyebrow and asked as he is slowly enclosing the space between us, "How wrong?". I gulped and moved backwards little by little. "We're- we're- not- da-da-dati-dating", I stuttered. Jungkook took his hand and reached into his pocket. His other held my hand up. He placed something on the palm of my hand and quickly closing it.

He looked straight into my eyes and said, "I wish we were".