Chapter 17 : Mystery

You can bash me all you want for rushing the story. I'm sorry :(
__________________________________
Author's POV
Bad things happen ever since Alyssa received that letter. She couldn't feel safe anymore. Not even in her own apartment. Last week, someone broke into her house and tried to strangle her to death. But Jungkook was faster. He managed to give that guy a punch in the face and held him while Jimin called the police. Since BTS was involved in this case, it was on the headline of the newspaper the next day.

Few days ago, someone tried to kill Alyssa by dropping a flower pot on her. Seems dramatic but it's true. Well at least, Jungkook saved her, again. She would never know what will happen next. She began receiving more letters. Some of it was written for her to die and some of it are penknives with blood dripping drawn on the paper.

Alyssa rode on a bicycle to school this time. She felt restless ever since the letter. She wondered who was the culprit all the time? What had she done to suffer? Why am I born like this? she thought. She parked her bicycle as soon as she reached school and went straight to class. She did not talk about the letter to anyone. Not even her favorite oppa, Jungkook.

She did tried to talk to him about it but Jungkook was always busy as BTS are preparing for their comeback this summer. But even if she did, what can he do? Comfort her? She doesn't need it. I need answers. Why mom and dad died.

After school, she hurriedly cycle back home and ran up to her apartment instead of using the elevator. She locked her apartment and drawn all the curtains. She then turned on the lights in the house even if she doesn't need it. Any normal person can tell that the poor girl is scared. She went to the kitchen and made hot chocolate. As winter is coming soon, she sat on the sofa, hugging her gigantic teddy bear that Jungkook had won at the amusement park last month and watched tv.

"What's wrong with you nowadays?" a voice said.

Alyssa froze and turned around to see Jungkook standing in front of her bedroom.

"How did you get in?" Alyssa asked softly while lowering her head.

Jungkook walked towards her and sat down on the sofa. He showed her a key with a dolphin shaped keychain on it and said, "I have your house key, remember?"

Alyssa kept quiet and continued watching her favorite tv show. Jungkook snatched the remote control from her and turned off the television.

"We need to talk. You need to tell me something. Anything. What's gotten into you?" Jungkook said frustratedly.

Alyssa took a deep breath and said, "I'm going back to Canada".

Jungkook widened his eyes. "Why?"

"My parents did not just died because of an accident. I need to find out more about them. I have to go back. I can't explain everything to you but I hope you would understand. I'm leaving next month".

"That doesn't answer my question. You're not acting like this just because you're leaving right?"

"Someone's following me. I felt like it everyday", Alyssa said as she stood up and walked to the kitchen.

Jungkook followed her to the kitchen. He knew that bad things had happen to Alyssa quite often nowadays. She's probably scared. He hugged her from the back and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Do you really have to go?"