Meeting Room

Angela's POV

     "I'll leave her in your care then." Aunt Erin, or rather, Chief Strauss, said.

     "Yes, Chief Strauss." nodded the dark-haired man. He didn't seem too happy. His face looked stiff and his eyes looked like they were ready to kill. He doesn't seem to be the type to crack a smile, let alone laugh.

     With that, my aunt left the room, leaving me to introduce myself to my new team. I first walked to the man that had been talking to my aunt. I put out my hand for a hand shake as I said, "Hi, I'm-"

     "You're Angela Meyers, the 'best and youngest prosecutor of our generation.' You worked the Cincinnati case two years, twenty-nine days, and roughly six hours ago." Frazzled, I turned my head to see a man with long brown hair. He was quite attractive. He was slim, and seemed to be tall. I couldn't tell from where he was sitting. He looked familiar.

     "Wow, genius. Give the girl some time to introduce herself," said a woman with pale skin and dark hair. "I'm Emily Prentiss, but you can just call me Prentiss. We go by last names here. And the genius over there is Dr. Spencer Reid."

     I shook her hand. "Nice to meet you."

     The long-haired man spoke up again. "Reid is fine. Also, you did a great job on that Cincinnati case. I really liked how you emphasized the use of larceny, despite the fact that the court disregarded most of it. It was a serious factor that, essentially, led to the murder of the wife and two sons." Reid kept a serious face.

     "Thank you." That was all I managed to say, overwhelmed with the amount of words and information he knew about me.

     The man who I had tried to shake hands with earlier cleared his throat, "I'm Agent Hotchner, Unit Chief." I shook his hand back.

     Another man stood up from his seat and shook my hand, "Derek Morgan," he said. "Nice to meet you." His eyes seemed to linger on me for a moment.

    Then, I met two women, one with flamboyant style, otherwise known as, Penelope Garcia and another woman with a small face and pretty hair. "We're glad to have you. I'm Jennifer Jareau, but you can call me, JJ." I smiled at the two girls.

    Then, I glanced to the right of me where I saw the David Rossi. I was familiar with his work and even attended some of his lectures. I truly admired him, considering he was a founding father of the BAU.

    Before he could introduce himself, I blurted out, "It's an honor to meet you, sir. I've read your books."

    "Thank you. It's nice to meet you, Miss Meyers."

     He continued, "You've done a wonderful job as a prosecutor for someone your age. How old did you say you were?"

     "I'm 24, sir." I stuttered.

     He chuckled. "There's no need to be nervous. Just call me, Rossi. And you can call that guy over there, 'Hotch'."

     I mouthed a quiet, 'thank you' as I was too shy to say more.

    "Alright, shall we continue?" Hotch spoke up. "Agent Meyers, you can sit next to Reid. Reid, fill her in on the case. Wheel's up in thirty."

     With that, Hotch and Rossi left to go discuss the case. Garcia left to go to her room, and JJ and Prentiss left to get a coffee. Morgan stayed a bit longer, until Hotch called him over. That left Reid and me in the room by ourselves.

     Reid looked around the room nervously and then cleared his throat to speak. "Alright, so um, the case involves a serial killer, and it's believed that our unsub is a man, due to the sexual assault on the  dead bodies. His last two victims were Alli Telam and Maria Jinha, both 27, however, other than their age they do not have any other similarities.  They both have different backgrounds."

     "Unsub?" I asked.

     "Unknown subject." He responded.

      I nodded, as he slid the pictures of  the crime scene towards me. As I looked at the pictures, I noticed that he was right. The two girls looked nothing alike. Alli was tall, and slim. Her brown skin was clear and smooth. Alli's dark brown hair framed her face with the long ends. On the other hand, Maria was short and curvy. She had pale skin and freckles. Her hair was short and blonde.

     "Have we thought of any motives yet?" I said as I looked at both the pictures and files. "Because it sounds to me that he might be a sexual sadist."

     "How so?" He furrowed his eyebrow and pursed his lips.

     "He's a man that only targets women, and from the files, he assaulted them while they were conscious, meaning that he enjoyed being dominant and inflicting pain on them. Once he released his sexual frustration, he killed them to feed into his cravings. How long apart are the murders?"

     "One month exactly. It's always on the 19th."

     I continued. "Then within that one month, he builds up so much frustration until he can't take it anymore. That's when he does his killing. The 19th has to have some significance to him. And it doesn't seem like he wants to do it. There are hesitation marks on the women's stomachs. The unsub must of had some form of remorse."

    He nodded. "Let's go tell Hotch." Reid said as he gathered his things and the files.

     He walked out of the meeting room and I followed.

- - - - -
Thanks for reading! The next chapter will be in Reid's POV.