Flickered

Angela's POV

"We're landing." Hotch said as everyone gathered their things. I went along with Prentiss to the crime scene, which was the home of one of the victims, Miss Maria Jinha.

We used the car that the local police had left waiting for us at the airport. Prentiss drove as I looked at the files from the passenger seat.

"How's your first day so far?" Prentiss asked.

"It's good. I like everyone on the team. They all seem really nice."

She smiled. "We're glad to have you. But hey, listen, why did you, the 'best prosecutor of our time' become a profiler if you're so good at your job?"

"I wanted to have more experience for when I get back into court. I'll know more, and that'll help me win more cases." I responded, not looking up from the files.

Prentiss nodded. "Seems like a good plan. So you're not staying with us long?"

"My plan is for one year. Maybe two, tops." I said.

We pulled up at Miss Jinha's home. Police cars and 'CAUTION' tape covered the area. Prentiss stopped the car and took off her seatbelt. I did the same.

Prentiss nodded as she said, "Let's go."

We walked into the house and Prentiss talked to the local police as I walked the scene.

I walked into Miss Jinha's bedroom, which was where she was murdered. Blood spattered against the bed and the walls. There were yellow number cards plastered across the room used to show where the different pieces of evidence were.

After Prentiss was done talking to to police, she walked up to me and cleared her throat, "Find anything?"

I shook my head. "Not yet."

Just when I was about to leave the room, something caught my eye. It was white, small, and thin. I put my gloves on and went to the small garbage can in the corner of the room. Slowly, I picked the small item out from the garbage. It was a pregnancy test.

Prentiss looked at me as I asked, "It didn't say anywhere in the files that Miss Jinha was pregnant, right?"

"If she was, the files would have caught it."

I carefully placed the test into a plastic bag. "We'll take it back with us."

After searching the rest of house, there were no more present evidence left to investigate. We left to go back to the police station.

* * *
Arriving at the station, the rest of the team was talking to the sheriff at a round table. Reid sat on one side of the table, his focus elsewhere.

"There just isn't a connection between these victims. They're incredibly different. It's June16th today. We have three more days until the unsub acts out again." Hotch rubbed his temples with his fingers.

"So do we have a ballistic killer? Does he just kill everyone and anyone? Because, that makes him even more dangerous and an even bigger threat to the people I care about in this town." The sheriff, Deputy Jean said.

Hotch then turned his head and noticed that Prentiss and I had entered the room. "Did you find anymore evidence? Reid and Morgan didn't find anything at Miss Telam's home."

Pulling it out of the small cloth bag, I showed Hotch the plastic bag containing the pregnancy test.

"This was in the garbage can of her bedroom."

Hotch stared at the test and said, "Good work. Let's send it in for testing."

He then turned to the sheriff and said, "How could your guys miss something as significant as that?"

"It must have been one of the new guys." The sheriff sighed in response.

Reid's eyes flickered and then he suddenly spoke. "What if Miss Telam was pregnant, as well as Miss Jinha?"

- - - - -
Hey guys! So sorry for not updating. I'm currently on vacation in the Philippines and I didn't have access to Internet for a while. I'll try to update more for the lack of updates for the last week. Thanks for reading!