Paradise in Paris

America

We got out of the water to find Daphne staring daggers at me. I tried to ignore it as I dried off. "What's wrong my dear" Maxon said. "Nothing just Daphne. She's starting daggers at me".  "Just ignore it. We're leaving soon anyways. You'll love where we're going". I wanted to ask where we were going but the king stood. "We should be getting back you have a long drive " the King looked at Max and me "and we still have to work a bit on our trade agreement. So let's go" the maids grabbed the blankets and we walked back to the place.

I was sitting with the queen and Daphne in their woman's room talking when the queen brought up Maxon. Daphne looked like she was going to blow a gasket. "Speaking of them where are they. I'll be right back" the Queen left and Daphne got up to get a drink. I followed her. "Hey I'm so glad your taking this whole thing well. I knew you liked Max a lot. I'm kinda surprised".  I said. She turned to face me. "I know you think Maxons all yours but he's not. He'll always be busy. You'll always be busy. When you have children they'll be taken care of by maids. You won't be able to see them as much as you would as a regular family.  Then theirs duty to his country. He may put you first but only by a little". I stared at her. She had basically told me my marriage was only there because it had to be. I didn't believe her so I did the only thing reasonable  "LIAR" I yelled an ran out the door crying right into Max. "What's wrong what happened?" You could see the concern in his eyes but I just broke free and ran to the gardens. I heard Maxon yelling my name. I just stayed where I was until he found me. "Shh what happened. Please tell me" "it(sob) was Da Daph Daphne. She told me you (sob) didn't love me you just choose me because you had to" "it's not true. Do you think I would have gone though all this pain and trouble if I didn't love you. America I love you and nobody not even Daphne can change that". "I love you to" he wiped the last of the tears off my face  come on let's go to our place. "Our place?" I asked this was France we didn't own anything here. "You'll see"