Unwanted Tears

I grit my teeth, but quickly smile. That--that--

Unwanted Tears. Fuyōna Namida. Thanks, Akito! 

"K-konichiwa." I say, bowing. "It's nice to meet you, and I hope we get along. Please, call me Nami."

The teacher scans the room, eyes landing on Kyo.

"Nami-san, you can sit by Kyo. Kyo raise your hand." She instructs. Kyo scowls but puts his hand up. I make my way to the empty desk besides him and sit down, putting my bag on the floor. I sit stiffly for the rest of the day, eating my lunch at my desk. I don't talk to anyone, and keep my head down. 

My discovery comes when I'm looking for a new pencil.

A note.

Namida, It reads, Go to Shigure's house after school. You're staying with him now. Don't come back to the main house unless I command. --Akito

On the back are directions. I stare at it with wide eyes, then crumple it up. draw out a pencil and get to work. When the bell rings, I'm ready to leave.

I stand up and nearly run out of the classroom. I get the note out and follow it to Shigure's house. I walk up through the back and start looking for him. A door slams open and Kyo appears in the doorway of the living room.

"You?! What are you doing here?" He asks. I duck my head, but don't answer.

"Kyo? Is that you?" Shigure calls. He walks in and sees me. "Ah, Nami, there you are."

"You know this girl?!" Kyo shouts. My head shoots up.

"I've got a name." I say. He looks at me. "Please use it."

"Oh, Nami, always a pleasure!" Shigure laughs. I look at him in confusion.

"But I've only met you once, Shigure-ojisan." I say.

"Wait, Nami's a Sohma?!" Kyo asks.

"W-well, yes, but-- uh..." Shigure blusters. Another door opens. Yuki, Tohru, Momiji and Hatsuharu enter. I look at them with wide eyes.

"What's going on?!" Yuki demands. He points at me. "Why is Nami-san here?"

"She's a Sohma!!" Kyo yells, glaring at Shigure. An outburst of yells erupt. I back up into a corner. Tohru takes notice and walks up to me.

"Sorry about them, Nami-san." She says with a smile. "Their always like this." 

"T-that's fine, Honda-san." I lie. Tohru smiles and stands next to me, waiting for everything to calm down.

When it does, Kyo asks the question.

"Does she know?"

All heads swivel to me.

I gulp. 

"Of course she does, she's a part of the Zodiac." Shigure says. 

"What? Who?" Everyone asks. I stare at them like a deer caught in a headlight. 

"She's the angel..."
_______________________________________________

There!! TWO chapters. ^-^ Take it away, Nami!!

Nami: Gamer-san doesn't own Fruits Basket, just unwanted me... 

Hold it!! StoryFann seems to love you! Just because Akito says that doesn't make it true!! He's a baka! 

Nami: I-if you say so, Gamer-san.

I told you! Call me Pocky!!

Nami: ... 

Uh, bye? :)