Pajamas

Harry jumped away from the counter and ran into the table. He ran his hands through his soaking wet and soapy hair before he put out his hand as a gesture to shake hands with my dad. My dad had his eyebrows drawn together, which I could tell meant he was not happy with what he had just walked in on. Harry slowly dropped his hand and put his hands in his jeans pockets.

I brought my feet up on the counter and wrapped my arms around my legs. The water was dripping slowly from the sinkhead so I turned and shut it off. Silence filled the room, but it was broken by my dad taking in a sharp breath and glaring at me.

"I don't give and crap about whatever was going on in here, but you are cleaning every corner of this kitchen until there is not one drop of water anywhere, do you understand?" He yelled. I nodded quickly and saw Harry nod as well. My breath hitched as my dad quickly spun around and faced Harry. "I swear Harry, if this kitchen isn't cleaned by dinner time, you are in a whole lotta trouble, which wouldn't be that fun for these three months you're back."

Dad stomped out of the kitchen, leaving Harry and I in the soaking wet and soap-filled kitchen. I watched Harry shake out his hair before coming over to stand by me.

"My feet aren't wet, I can walk you to the bathroom so you can clean up." He put his arms out and waited for me to grab onto him. I slid off the counter and let him carry me bridal style through the hallway and into the bathroom. Setting me in the bathtub, Harry booped my nose with his still soapy hands, leaving a little soap bubble on my face.

"Hey, rude much?" I stuck my tongue out at him as I stood up. "Would you mind grabbing my pajamas from my room? They should be under my pillow on my bed." He nodded his head and walked out of the bathroom and across the hallway to where my room was located. I stood up in the bathtub and grabbed a towel from under the sink counter and began drying out my hair and trying to pat myself dry. Harry walked back in and tossed me my pajamas. 

"Thank you. I should probably just go get changed in my room and then we can clean the kitchen up, okay? Oli probably has some stuff you can borrow." I went into my room to get into my pajamas and couldn't help but smile thinking about how surprisingly well things had been going since Harry got home today. When I found out that he was coming back I was terrified and didn't even want to think about him being back in town, because I was scared on how he would react to me. But in reality I didn't have any reason to fear Harry coming home. Because that was right where he belonged. 

Here with me.

///

"Okay, no, there is literally no possible way that would happen. Wolverine can freaking regenerate it doesn't matter if Cyclops blew a hole in his head. Wolverine would be a-okay." I argued. Harry ran his hand through his hair. 

"Honestly, Charlie, and I'm saying this in the nicest way possible, how are you so stupid? If someone gets a hole through their head they are not going to be able to 'regenerate' their brain!" He groaned. Oliver laughed on the couch next to Harry and I slumped in my chair. It was impossible to convince Harry of the facts. We had long since finished cleaning the kitchen up and now us teenagers were sitting in the lounge, talking about anything and everything that came up. At the moment Harry and I were obviously arguing about which hero would win in a fight, Oliver throwing in some good points about each of them as we went along. 

"You guys are both absolute idiots!" Oli laughed as he reached down for more crisps. His face twisted and he brought his empty hand back up to his face. "Oh, Jesus. We're out of crisps. Someone help." He acted as if he had been shot, clutching his chest and leaning back on the couch. I laughed and Harry stood up heroically.