Of anticipated weddings

Tell me how I'm supposed to breath with no air

Yes. There was definitely no air. Not in Phina's lungs. She tried to hijack the abundant airstream that swam under her nose but it clogged at her chest, not going any further to her lungs. She was choking! The culprit? It was the choking bodice that hugged her bust like a baby kangaroo clung to its mother. Let's just say it was more of a straight-jacket than a bodice.

The designers arrranging the fluffy cream lace skirt at her feet weren't helping either. They pulled, they thawed, they clawed. And guess who was their ringleader?

Lorraine dragon Holmes. It seemed she had taken personal pleasure in torturing her best friend with this dandy Dior couture. It was a strapless A-lined gown, the bodice encrusted with tiny amethyst-pink pearls that was slightly visible. The bodice paved way to feathers of fleece-white and cream lace under Phina's feet. And how could one forget the blinking high heel stilettos lined in red and silver satin? It rested on a cute golden cushion atop an antique table and the eye could definitely not escape its beauty.

Phina looked around the foyer, at the wedding planners and her fashion designers, amazed that all these activities were going on in her honour. She'd first refused an exuberant wedding dress, not wanting to be a burden to Mrs. Kincaid, much more her would- be husband, Brendan Kincaid. But when she saw that exquisite thing, all disapprovals escaped her tongue. The gown was simply gorgeous!

Phina wondered what Brendan would say. Was he still mad at her? She sighed at his name, a disturbed expression crawling up her pretty and flawless face. Wait, it was the make-up that was flawless rather. But not to digress, Phina was disturbed that Brendan wouldn't be in concurrence with the exuberance of the whole knot-tying. It had been four days since she'd last seen him, but he hadn't carried on with his threats, much to her relief. He hadn't been to the mansion either.

Phina gasped sharply when someone behind her tightened the bodice. Turning around, she winced when she saw who it was.

''Lorraine'', she whimpered, ''I can't breath.''

Lorraine nudged Phina's shoulder blades with her fingers, the motion calming the latter some. Her hands still on Phina, Lorraine said with a square thrust of her jaw, ''You don't breath in Dior.''

Phina puckered her lips in disagreement. ''Really?''

''Yes, really.''

A silly idea came to Phina's head and she voiced it out. ''So what do you do when you're in Givenchy couture?''

''In Givenchy you probably have to release a thousand-fold farts and scrunch your face like an ancient Botoxified Mummy.''

The foyer erupted in laughter. Lorraine tsked at her own mischief, her lips curled in mock disdain. A dark-skinned tall beauty with the name of Asa shook her head at Lorraine and spoke, ''Wait till Beyoncé hears you say that.''

Lorraine smirked, the same old mischievousness glinting in her eyes, ''Beyoncé was born to wear designer numbers, but for some, it's a non-non.''

Asa chuckled and continued with the arrangements of Phina's wedding jewelries.

The front double doors opened, the ends of the door, scraping on the sensitive wooden floor boards. Phina flattened a small crease on her gown and wondered why the hall had gone so quiet. And it wasn't even like as if they were expecting visitors. Mrs. Kincaid had gone to see her Episcopalian priest. Phina swung her neck around and stiffened, immediately comprehending why the foyer had turned to a cemetery.

Brendan Kincaid stood by the door, hands stuffed deep in the pocket of his navy blue jeans. But that wasn't what scared Phina. It was the expression on his face that scared her. For the first time since meeting Brendan Kincaid, there was no scowl on his face. He was calm. Way too calm.

A/N: Sorry beauties, I really had to drop that cliffhanger. Vote n comment and I will update faster. :)