Coming home, coming home...

I woke up in a plane. Not just any plane, the plane I flew in when I was ten. I took a look at my surroundings. My mom was sitting next to me in the aisle seat, sleeping. My dad and brother were in the seats in front of us. My brother was playing Super Mario on his Ds and my dad was going over some work papers. I looked down to see that I was wearing my teal Jeans and pink tank top. I looked out the window and saw the Rocky Mountains below us. We were flying to L.A to visit my aunt. "Hey. Mom, can I go to the bathroom?" I said hearing my childish ten year old tone. I woke my mom up. "sure, hun" my mother said letting me squeeze past her and I walked to the bathroom. The second I looked in the mirror I nearly screamed. I still had my short brown hair before I grew it out and I looked like such a child. "no, no, no. This can't be happening." I whispered. Then all of a sudden the plane hit a huge current of air and started to violently shake. "all passengers please stay calm. We are only hitting a wind current." A man over the intercom said. I locked the door to the bathroom, too scared to come out. "A TURBINE OVER HERE IS ON FIRE!" A man in the middle of the plane called. "THE OTHER ONE IS SMOKING!" An old lady yelled. People started freaking out. Screams and crying could be heard all over the plane. I started crying for my mom. I scrambled to unlock the door but it was jammed. I cried for help but no-one could hear me. I curled up in a ball and accepted that I couldn't get out of this alive. Seconds later I felt a sudden rush of air and more blood curdling screams. The plane was going down. Then...impact.

I woke up in a white hallway. I was being carried on a gurney. Nurses and doctors were rushing me down the hall. My vision was a little blurry but I could see a bit and make out certain shapes. I tried to lift up my hand but as I did I felt a sharp pain go through my arm onto my side. I started yelling for my mom. "Your mom isnt here right now" a nurse said as we rushed into a room filled with equipment. "w-where is she?" I asked in a horse voice, holding back tears. The nurse didn't reply instead she turned to the doctor next to her. They mumbled a few words and she sped out of the room. "okay, darling. Close your eyes and count to 10." I closed my eyes and felt a piece of rubber or plastic cup my nose and mouth. In seconds the world went black.

I then was startled awake by a crow. I jolted up, finally awake. I felt shots of pain go up my sides. "Ouch!" I whisper yelled. I saw the crow on the window sill in the room I was in. I was sure this was a hospital room, it had white walls with white and light blue tiled floors. The only window in the room was wide open so I could see outside. The crow flew away and I turned my attention to the TV hanging on the wall in front of me. It had one if my favourite shows on: Wizards of Waverly place. When the episode was over I searched for the remote and I saw that I had a cast on my left arm and my feet were bandaged. I also saw that I was covered in bruises and I had multiple stitches up my sides. I was wearing a light blue hospital gown and I felt very exposed. "WHAT IN THE HECK?!?" I started to yell. I don't think anyone heard me though. Then I remembered what happened. I saw the remote and immediately switched to the news channel. On the bottom of the screen I saw: Plane crash, 56 dead and 1 badly injured. I screamed at the top of my lungs. "no, no, NO!" A woman dressed in a blue nurses dress, ran into my room with a very concerned look on her face. I had my hand cupped over my mouth and I was reading the sentence over and over again in my head. She turned her attention to the Tv and saw what I was looking at. "Oh. I see that you have heard." she said looking at me. I nodded my head in disbelief. "I'm sorry but everyone on that plane, even your family died. Except you." her voice trailed off as my vision darkened.

I woke up screaming and crying, in my bed, at Marks house...