Hogwarts Express

Serria nervously stood on the platform, cradling the cage with her snow-white cat in her arms.

'So, this is Platform 9 and three quarters?' she asked Remus. He smiled. She looked at the wall that she had just emerged from, astonished of how solid it looked.

'Welcome to the Wizarding world.' He put his hand on her shoulder. 'This is where you belong, Serria.' She looked around.

All the adults around her were wearing cloaks, like Remus. Although they were nowhere near as shabby as his clothes. There were also kids of different ages wearing jeans, shirts and other clean muggle clothing. Serria self-consciously eyed her own tattered orphanage rags. Remus noticed as well. He gently kneeled down in front of her.

'I know you must feel nervous, because everyone here is much more fortunate than you,' he said. 'But you mustn't. I was just like you, on my first day. I know how you feel. Just remember how fortunate you are to have escaped You-Know-Who.' The train whistled. Remus stood up. 'If anyone asks you who you are. You are-'

'I figured I could introduce myself with my mother's maiden name,' Serria interrupted. 'Serria Lily Evans.'

'Funnily enough,' he smiled, 'I didn't think of that. But that's a good idea. And just in case someone asks, you're a half-blood, but I doubt anyone will. Good luck with the sorting. I'll write to you as soon as I can.' He handed her, a money bag. 'Keep it carefully.'

Serria struggled with her trunk slightly, as she boarded her train.

'Bye Remus!' she called as the whistle blew once again and the Hogwarts Express began to drift off.

Inside the train, Serria walked down the aisle and peered into different compartments, desperate to find one with some space. It took her quite some time, as most of them were full with chattering students. She finally settled in a carriage, with only three other boys around her age, who took no notice of her-whatsoever. She didn't bother make conversation with them. They were in whispering among themselves, and Serria was sure, that trying to talk to them would be an intrusion of privacy. Instead, she pulled her spell book out and started to read.

After about half-an-hour, there was a knock on the compartment door. A girl with bushy, brown hair stepped in.

'I'm sorry to intrude, but has anyone seen a toad?' she asked. This seemed like an odd question, but after being ignored for ages, Serria was quite glad to be able to talk to someone.

'I'm sorry,' she replied. Hearing her voice, the three boys looked up. 'But I don't think I've seen a toad. Why? Is there a problem?' She asked politely.

'A toad?' The blonde-haired boy snickered. 'Why are you looking for a toad? Who are you anyway?' Serria wasn't sure who he was talking to. And the girl seemed slightly puzzled as well. They both stayed silent. He looked at the brown-haired girl carefully. 'Who are you?' He demanded. 'A Mudblood?' The other boys laughed.

'My name is Hermione Granger,' she said huffily. She threw a glance at Serria. 'Thank you, by the way.' Without a second glance at the boys, the girl, Hermione, left the compartment.

'And who are you?' the boy shot at Serria.

'Serria Lily Evans,' she replied. And before he could ask her, she added, 'Half-Blood.'

The boys exchanged glances. 'What do you reckon, Draco?' One of the boys asked him. He shrugged.

'My name is Draco Malfoy,' the blonde-haired boy sneered at Serria. 'I come from a family of pure-blood wizards.'

'Do you mind if I let my cat out?' She asked quickly. It must have been an odd request, because Draco raised his eyebrow her. But she had to ask, her poor cat had been stuck in that cage since 10 in the morning.