Phil

I had no idea what that was about, Dan obviously hated me, but I didn’t understand why. I’d always cared about him... he was like a brother to me... no wait he wasn’t a brother to me; I wanted to be his boyfriend. I wanted to forever be by his side, to look after him when he was ill, to kiss him every morning and to just love him. It broke my heart to witness that he hated me.

“Phil. What are you thinking?” Courtney asked me.

“Oh, nothing, absolutely nothing,” I replied and pretended to pay some attention to what Courtney and Becca were talking about. I occasionally nodded and said ‘yes’ or ‘no’ but I really wasn’t interested in what they were talking about.

Once we reached the hotel, I told Courtney and Becca to go on ahead to the hotel restaurant eithoout me and made up an excuse about needing the toilet. Then once theu were out of sight, I went to the reception desk.

“Good evening sir,” The man at the reception said to me.

“Good evening,” I said in attempt to be polite, but I hadn’t come here to make small talk, I’d come here to see whether Dan, by luck, was staying in the same hotel as us. “Do you know if a Mr Dan Howell is booked in here?”

“I’ll check now sir for you. Is he a friend of yours?”

“Yes, a very close friend, I just wanted to check if he was here.”

The receptionist tapped a few keys on his keyboard and said, “Yes, he’s staying in room,” He hesitated slightly, as if he didn’t know whether he should tell me or not. “Room 19, just up the elevator and left down the hall.”

“Thank you so much!” I said gratefully and rushed off to join Courtney and Becca so they didn’t suspect anything weird going on.

“You took a long time in the bathroom!” Courtney joked. She and Becca both laughed simultaneously.

“Well a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do!” I joked and laughed. Even though it wasn’t a real laugh, I did quite a good job of pretending.

We all ordered food and ate whilst talking about lots of random subjects, but not once did we touch on the subject of Dan, which I was highly grateful about. After we had eaten, we all decided to go to the bar and have a couple of drinks before heading to our rooms.

It got past one in the morning and I had drunk far too much for my own good, but I still remembered about seeing Dan in his room and I had my intentions, I just hoped his new little girlfriend wasn’t with him.

“Night girls,” I slurred as I stumbled across the room towards the elevator.

“You sure you’re going to be alright? You don’t look too good,” Becca said.

“I’ll be fine, you two just go to your rooms and I’ll go to mine.”

Their rooms were in a completely different direction to mine, so it was my chance to confront Dan. I stumbled to the elevator and down the corridor to room 19, I then slowly knocked on the door and waited for Dan to answer. It took him a while to get to the door, but once he did and I knew it was him and not his girlfriend, I kissed him with so much force that he stumbled backwards and fell to the floor. I kicked the door shut behind me. We were completely alone for all I knew, but I didn’t have time to survey the room. I just hoped that I had Dan all to myself.