Phil and Courtney

---Phil---

I couldn't stay in the apartment by myself. I'd resulted to daring to go into his room, seeing his bed perfectly made and hesitantly I'd gone and laid on it. I was completely numb.

When I woke up it was around about 10pm and I woke up startled by my surroundings. I wasn't in my room, I was in Dan's! What was I doing curled up on his bed and where was he?

Then I remembered, he'd left me.

Slowly, I rolled out of his bed and staggered out of the room. When I'd got to the kitchen, I made myself something to eat, but all I could find was lion cereal. It was my favourite cereal ever, but somehow it didn't taste quite right without Dan being there to share it with. Nothing felt right. I needed someone to talk to.

"Courtney?" I said as she picked up the phone after it had rung three times.

"Phil. Have you seen the time? Some people do sleep you know!" she sounded grouchy and I didn't know if it was the right idea to bug her at this time, but I'd already woke her up, so I guessed she'd be ever more annoyed if I told her it was nothing!

"I was wondering if I could talk to you? And stay the night at yours?" I dared to ask.

"Phil," she sighed. "You know that isn't a good idea! What would my parents say?"

"Your parents don't live with you though so they'll never know. Promise."

"No Phil. Just no. Ok? If you want to talk, we can talk tomorrow at my lunch break. That's a much better time to talk than 3am."

I sighed. "Fine." Then I hung up and threw the phone across the room and it landed on the sofa with a soft thud.

Then I crawled into bed and finally fell asleep whilst crying about everything, but mainly Dan. I'd never see him again! I though that our friendship was special. Evidently not.