Chapter Five

Fred took one look at Nico with his raised eyebrow. Then he looked at his brother and his friends who were seething with fury.

And fell into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Nico's other eyebrow shot up at this.

"How can you laugh with him? He's a death eater!" Ron yelled looking at his brother accusingly. His cheeks flamed red and his eyes narrowed.

"Aye come on what proof do you have?" Fred questioned incredulously.

Ron's expression took on a proud one as he answered. "Just ask him to roll up his sleeve?" He said confidentially looking at Nico.

"Ahh the tattoo. That's simple I'll show you." Nico said as he rolled up his sleeve.

"I told y-" the words died in his throat when he saw the tattoo.

It was nothing like the dark Mark except for the colour. It was in same spot as the dark Mark. But it was a small skull with SPQR written in caps. With a few lines underneath.

"What is that?" Hermione asked looking at the tattoo incredulously.

"At my school you can choose either a tattoo or a bead necklace. As some sort of souvenir. It can be some sort of picture that you like or thinks describes you. Or your time at school. You can either print it on a bead or your skin. The SPQR stands for School Principal Query Recognition. And the lines represent how many years you spent." Nico explained to the gobsmacked Hermione.

"Bloody hell " Fred said leaning forward to look at Nico's tattoo. "It looks like it was burned into your skin. Why didn't you just choose the bead necklace?"

"My friends an I made a bet. I lost. Although I still got a necklace." Nico said pulling out a small clay bead necklace from within his shirt.

"It could just be a illusion spell?" Hermione whispered to Ron and Harry. With one last glare at Nico they stormed out of the room. Mumbling insults as they went.

When they were finally gone Nico sighed and buried his head in his hands. Fred stood slowly and made huis way over to the defeated boy. "Hey mate sorry about them. We're all going through some stuff them more than others. We were told to be cautious but this is too much." Fred patted Nico on the back.

"It's not they're fault."

"Yes it is they don't know you heck they haven't lived your life." At this Nico abruptly stood and look at Fred with broken eyes.

"If they had lived my life they would be dead. Throughout my life I have struggled and fought to gain what was not given to me. I carry so many secrets I can hardly rise out of bed every morning!" By this point Nico realised he was yelling.

He walked towards the door and left his hand on the handle. "Pain demands to be felt. I have got to stop chasing what's already lost"

In Potions

Hermione was intrigued.

Hermione was always the first one to solve a problem. Always the one with the answer.

So why couldn't she solve Nico Di Angelo. When she thought she had finally figured him out he pushes her back to step one. She had found proof that he was a death eater. Only to find that wasn't right.

"Potter do you know the answer?" The silky voice of Professor Snape pulled out of her thoughts. She looked at the board it read Polyjuice potion.

"Umm isn't the Polyjuice Potion the one where you get someone's abilities." Said a confused Harry.

"Shame. I do remember Lily and James Potter. Being quite interested in the Polyjuice potion."

Hermione turned to see Harty clenching his fists.

"Did you say Lily and James Potter?" Came a voice from the shadows. Everyone turned to see Nico looking up curiously. There was a faint emotion in his eyes Hermione noticed. It looked a lot like recognition.

"Yes,they're my parents. Their dead." Harry said bluntly indicating he didn't want to talk about it.

"Oh" was all Nico said before melting into the shadows.

"Mr Di Angelo black magic is forbidden in my classroom!" Professor Snape raised his voice slightly glaring at the smirking boy in the shadows.

"It's not black magic it is called Umbrakinesis and that's is a dark art." Nico said smirking before completely disappearing in the shadows winking at Evie. Who was cracking up with laughter.

Professor Snape face turned a nice shade of Crimson. And Hermione couldn't help but giggle. "Detention" Professor Snape barked at the shadows.

The room suddenly became cold and the shadows thickened around a certain spot. Everyone was silent except for the shivers of cold coming from some students.

"Bl-bli-mey" Ron chocked his voice filled with fear. His arms wrapped around his chest in attempt to ward of the cold.

Suddenly a black box appeared from the shadows. The box gave everyone the chills. Hermione had came to a conclusion that the box was made from shadows.

"Professor what is that thing." Malfoy said gesturing to the box. Before standing up and walking over to it. His pale hand shot out to touch it but something beat him to it.

A hand made purely of shadows jerked out of the shadows and gripped Malfoy's hand digging into his wrist. Malfoy screamed desperately trying to pull his wrist free but the shadow and a iron grip. Many kids screamed and others whimpered.

Then as if something was feeding off their fear a voice rang out.

The voice was cold and emotionless it held no mercy. And seemed to come from every corner of the room. The voice seemed to feed off the children's fear.

"That box is for my son. Nico Di Angelo."

And with that everyone's fears were confirmed.

Chaos struck.

Hope you enjoyed it.

~Layla