PROLOGUE

A/N: Hellooooooo! This is our first story together that we put up here! There will be seven over all in this series (one for each book). We don't own any of the Harry Potter universe or plot but we do own our OCs. Now, this is an alternate universe so things might end up differing a bit from the canon plot and canon relationships. Please read, review, and enjoy! Thanks so much! :)

Halloween 1981

    "Aw, James, look! They love each other!" James smirked at Sirius's ecstatic exclamation. The men hovered over the playpen as all three babies gurgled and played with their stuffed animals. "They're so cute."

    James sipped at his drink and grinned. "We really are good at everything, aren't we, mate?" Sirius nodded wholeheartedly and Lily, who just entered the room, rolled her eyes at them.

    "So it's not like I had anything to do with making my children, right, James?" Lily asked dryly, placing her fists on her hips. "And Sirius, it's not like Becca helped, right?"

    The two men shared guilty looks and Sirius, his foot permanently in his mouth, joked, "Well, she does look a lot more like me than . . . okay, I'm done."

    James jumped forward in front of Lily to get back on her good side and placated, "C'mon, Lily, Fawn looks just like you! And Harry has your eyes! That's all you, babe."

    She could never stay mad at James and couldn't help but beam back. "Oh, I know. Fawn has your eyes, though, your beautiful, gorgeous eyes." She moved in for a kiss and their lips met sweetly.

    Sirius sighed ostentatiously and muttered, "Get a room, will you?"

    A playfully exasperated Lily broke away from the kiss and said, "It's getting a bit late, Padfoot. I think we might turn in."

    "Okay, okay, I know when I've worn out my welcome," he teased, picking up his daughter from the pen. She made a noise of intense displeasure as he had to pry her away from Harry and Fawna. "I'm sorry, Rorie, please don't hate me."

    A grinning James led them to the door. "You can never wear out your welcome, mate. Come back anytime and bring Rorie. She's our goddaughter, after all."

    Aurora squealed and lifted out her hand, making both men laugh. James gently took her bitty hand in his and planted a kiss on her curl-covered head. Lily piped up, "I know Becca was busy today, but tell her to come by anytime, I miss her."

    "Will do," Sirius said warmly, carrying out his infant daughter to strap her into the sidecar connected to his beloved moterbike. "See you later!" he called over to James and Lily.

    "Goodbye!" they yelled back, waving as he kick started his bike and flew up into the sky. They watched as his bike grew smaller and smaller until the darkness made it impossible to see. Little did the three best friends know that they would never see each other again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily squeezed her eyes shut in anguish as she heard her husband crumble to the ground, but she needed to be strong for her babies. "Harry, Fawn, your mother loves you. Your father loves you. You are both so loved."

The door flung open. Step by step, Lord Voldemort slowly advanced towards Lily. With a sudden burst of shrieky laughter, he raised his wand towards her. Lily leaned further against the crib as the Dark Lord came closer to the baby boy. He hoarsely whispered, "I'm here for the boy. Stand back, and your life--as well as the girl's--will be spared."

"Not Harry, not Harry--oh, please not Harry!" Trembling in fear, Lily clenched onto the wooden crib with clammy hands. At the moment, her precious daughter was safe but her son was in grave peril.