Chapter 3: Diagon Alley - Part 1

A/N: Hey everybody! We're so sorry for the late update. It's been a busy two months with school starting and we've been having some writers' block but still, we're really sorry. We hope this chapter in some way makes up for that, considering it is super long. We decided to split this into two parts, and this first one is in Fawn's perspective. Anyway, please read, review, and enjoy! Thanks so much!

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter universe is not ours or we would be multibillionaires which we are unfortunately not. Oh well, what can ya do?

Chapter 3: Diagon Alley - Part 1

Fawn's Perspective

"Go buy yerselves three tickets. I dunno how these muggle currencies work, it's all nonsense, ter be honest." Hagrid pulled out a large wad of tenners and fivers; enough to pay for at least fifteen tickets.

Fawn and Harry exchanged grins. Hagrid wasn't very great at being inconspicuous. They got a lot of stares from the passerby. For starters, he was about twice the size of a grown man with a beard roughly the same size of a large five-year-old. Earlier that morning he pointed out a football through a sports store window and loudly exclaimed, "What kinda quaffle is this, Fawn?! Is this some kinda muggle sport?"

The twins returned the rest of the money to Hagrid and they boarded the train. "Get out yer letters. The list fer what you need should be in there."

Fawn searched through her envelope until she found a folded piece of paper. The supplies list asked for all sorts of weird things; like dragon hide gloves, A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration, A History of Magic, a cauldron, a wand. At the bottom it said "students may also bring an owl OR cat OR toad." 

"Where are we going to find a pair of dragonhide gloves in London?!" Fawn asked Hagrid.

"Yeh just need ter know where ter go," Hagrid said as they exited the train.

Fawn looked at the stores around her. There was a burger restaurant and a couple of clothes shops. There was a bookstore to her left, but she doubted she would find A Beginners' Guide To Transfiguration there. With a hint of sarcasm, Fawn said, "But Hagrid, I don't see any dragonhide gloves in any of these display windows."

Hagrid chuckled. "Here we are, the Leaky Cauldron." Fawn looked up to see a small, dirty old pub. It was barely noticeable with the other stores and restaurants surrounding it.

They walked inside. Fawn and Harry walked very close together as they entered a dimly lit room. A small man in large, shabby robes was speaking to the bartender. They all grinned at Hagrid.

"Hagrid! The usual?" the bartender asked brightly, cleaning out a glass mug.

"Not terday, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business," Hagrid said proudly, slapping a hand on each twin's' shoulder. Fawn nearly fell over.

The bartender stared at Harry. "Well I'll be . . . it's Harry Potter!" He exclaimed. the whole pub had broke into soft whispers. "What an honor." He grasped Harry's hand, and his eyes gleamed with tears. His eyes met Fawn's. "And the lovely Fawna Potter! Welcome back!"

"Well, I wouldn't say lovely, but thank you," Fawn said, shaking the man's hand.

The whole pub had gotten up from their chairs to meet Harry, every once in a while somebody would give a warm welcome to Fawn. There was one man that she had seen before, he had bowed to Harry once in a store. She remembered Mr. Dursley turning purple, and dragging the two of them into the car.

A younger man had nervously stepped forward, and Hagrid beamed. "Fawn, Harry, this is Professor Quirrell! He's going to be one of your teachers at Hogwarts!"