Chapter Four~ Vampire Money

For whatever reason, Gwen had always been afraid of having a mirror in her room. Her father felt the same way, and her mother constantly teased them both about it. When she was thirteen, her mother had bought her a beautiful mahogany vanity and put it in her room, where it didn't even stay one night. She always got an unexplainable uneasy feeling whenever she looked into a mirror for too long, and so she hadn't had a mirror in her room since she was thirteen. 

Gwen stood in front of the long mirror hanging in the hallway. She hadn't had much time to decide on an outfit, so she was stuck just wearing a short black and red plaid skirt and another band t-shirt. She pulled on some biker boots and walked into the kitchen, where she happily prepared a cup of strong coffee for herself. Before she could take a sip, the doorbell rang, and Gwen glanced over at the clock.  

He was half an hour early. 

Sighing, she got up and went to answer the door. 

"You're actually sort of-oh." she paused, noticing that it wasn't Gerard at the door. "Hello. May I... help you?" she asked the stranger. It was a man that looked to be about Gwen's age. He had light green eyes and dark brown- nearly black hair. 

"Hello. Would you please be so kind as to inform me whether Amelia is at home?" he asked politely. He had a slight accent that Gwen couldn't identify.  

"Amelia? Oh, sorry Mia's not at here-" Gwen felt her face flush "I mean, she's gone." the stranger chuckled slightly at her.  

"I see. Well, I can see that I am probably disrupting something. You are dressed like you're going out somewhere nice as well," he commented, his eyes sweeping over Gwen's outfit. Gwen blushed slightly again and glanced down at her outfit with a confused expression.  

"Do I?" she asked, looking up at the stranger "I'm actually going to see Iron Maiden, nothing special. And definitely not fancy." She laughed quietly and looked at the door frame, finding it sort of difficult to keep eye contact with the man. 

"Oh, my apologies. I should have guessed that." he smiled flirtatiously at her and opened his mouth to speak again, before closing it abruptly and stiffening up. His expression changed from friendly to tense in half a blink and he took a step back. 

"Pardon me, I must be going now. Thank you for your help." he nodded curtly at her and briskly walked away. Gwen stared after him for a minute before shutting the door and walking back to the kitchen. 

"What the hell...?" she whispered and sat down. She took a sip of her coffee and put it down, resting her cheek on her hand.  

Was Gerard telling the truth? Could she trust him? She was obviously a little bit curious about his intentions; why would he want to be killed? Gwen had come to the conclusion that the only way to find out whether he was truly what he said he was or if he was a deranged psychopath was to spend more time with him. She didn't mind this at all. Even if he was a bit funny in the head she still- 

"Are you ready?" a voice suddenly interrupted Gwen's thoughts. She snapped back to reality and screamed, causing her chair to tip backwards. A graceful hand caught her before she fell.  

"Welcome to my home. I don't remember inviting you in, though!" she said sarcastically, trying to calm herself down. 

"I did knock, you just didn't answer. I thought something might've happened and came in," he replied, seeming slightly embarrassed.  

"Don't worry, I'm not that helpless." she snapped. Gerard raised an eyebrow at her and Gwen sighed.  

"I appreciate your concern, though. Thanks." she added. "Just don't do it again. Shall we go?"