One.

The weather was good, once again, in NYC. It was as if everything was going perfectly for me today; like heaven was finally cutting me some slack and giving me everything I'd been praying for.

I couldn't stop smiling and I was sure that if life were a musical, I'd be that girl who wouldn't shut up.

I got ready for Pattie's brunch by getting cleaned up and changing into something presentable and comfortable (that meant no heels).

I thought my hand looked different. It certainly felt different. As I managed my hair in front of the mirror, I couldn't help but stare at the ring that had officially turned me into Justin's fiancé.

He walked into the bathroom and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my cheek and looked at me through the mirror.

"You're still smiling." He said.

"I'm really happy," I said. "I still can't believe it."

"I think Dileah Bieber has a nice ring to it."

"I think so too." I turned around and faced him. "You really want to marry me?"

"There's no dount in my mind." He smiled at me.

I looked at my ring again.

"It's a beautiful ring." I said.

"I had a hard time picking it out."

"When did you go shopping for it?"

"Ah, this is the part when I start confessing, huh?" He pursed his lips.

I crossed my arms and waited.

"Well... when we were in Paris, I was sure I wanted to pop the question but I didn't want to ask without talking to Ms Jones first-- I was clueless too about what to look for in a ring-- so I waited till we were in Canada and I went to fetch her from the airport and she gave me some good tips. I spoke to a jewellery designer, sent you and Ms Jones off for some pampering and fetched the ring."

"You mean to tell me that Ms Jones knew all along that you wanted to propose?"

Justin nodded.

"But that day you said you were with your mom." I said.

"You honestly expected me to tell you where I'd really been?"

Okay, that would've been stupid.

"Does your mom know?" I asked.

"Nope. No one knows, just Ms Jones. But she doesn't know that I asked you. She just knows that I was looking for a ring."

I started to smile.

"You're slick." I said.

Justin pecked my nose.

"And we'll be late for brunch if we don't leave in the next five minutes."

I was left to finish getting ready in the bathroom. I then went to put on a coat and get my bag and I left the hotel with Justin.

"McKenzie?" Justin said once McKenzie had started driving.

"Sir."

"Have you fetched Ms Jones from her home and taken her to the hotel?"

"Yes, sir."

Justin nodded, satisfied with the fact that at least Ms Jones had been on time for the brunch.

He was formal Justin for a minute and that made me smile slightly.

Being in New York with him would always take me back to when we first met.

We were back at that hotel Pattie had thrown her party at last night. Justin and I made our way inside and, after speaking to an employee, we were lead to the large ballroom where everyone was already helping themselves to food and chatting away.