Eight.

I was dressed and ready to head off to the home to surprise the kids and Pattie since I hadn't been there in a while.

Before leaving the bedroom, I stood in front of the mirror to fix my hair which was now back in its curly form.

Justin had gone off to work. He'd been very busy all week and I wondered if we'd actually be able to have the engagement party any time soon. I was in no rush, obviously. I was okay with waiting until Justin was stress-free-- until things were calm at work-- and I wasn't exactly anticipating being the center of attention.

I put on some perfume, sent Justin a quick text to inform him that I was going to the home then I picked up my bag and left the room.

Just as I was about to walk out the door, I found Aisha standing there, ready to knock.

I smiled at her.

"Aisha. What are you doing here?" I asked her as politely as I could.

"I'm here to take you out for a day of fun." She smiled. "Where are you off to?"

"I was going to the home."

"Bless your soul." She placed her hand on her chest.

"Do you wanna come with?" I offered.

"Another time maybe. Right now, we need to get you that dress before someone snatches it." She smiled.

"Aisha... can we shop another time?"

"But I already told your driver to go off for tea." She said.

My lips parted.

I didn't know whether to cuss at her or admire her persistence.

"Okay, look Dileah, I don't wanna have to spend another day doing work. I did that yesterday and ended up sitting in a tub with a bottle of wine in the evening because of a client who didn't know what she wanted." Aisha rolled her eyes. "Please... shop with me."

I smiled and shook my head in disbelief.

"Why don't you just get a job in the fashion industry? I'm sure you'd love it."

"Shopping is only therapeutic, sweetie." Aisha linked her arm with me and walked into the house with me. "I love decorating homes and finding people the perfect homes. I just can't stand clients who don't value professional opinions and don't have an eye for class."

"Why are we walking in and not leaving, Aisha?" I looked at her.

"Because I'm not going anywhere with you dressed like that." She said bluntly.

I looked down at my dark jeans, sneakers and sweater.

"Well, I was planning to visit the home." I defended my outfit choice.

"And now you're going to hang out with me. Go get changed. I'm going to make lunch reservations in the meantime." She pushed me towards the stairs.

I rolled my eyes and marched up the stairs.

"You and clothes." I groaned.

"You'll thank me someday." Aisha said.

I got changed into a long sleeved black and gold dress which was knee-length and a pair of dark stockings and black high heel ankle boots. The weather wasn't yet back to being hot and summer-like so I wanted to stay as warm and pretty as possible.

Aisha was happy with my outfit and she basically dragged me out the house and to her chocolate brown Volvo.

We drove to a shopping complex I'd never been to before. It was full of boutiques and designer stores and I knew then that I was in for a ride.