Twenty Four.

It was a quiet drive to the Harrison's house. I didn't know how to feel exactly. I felt guilty, excited and sad all at once, but obviously the bad feelings outweighed the good so I sat in Aisha's car, fiddling with my fingers.

When we pulled up, it was almost as if the air was sucked out of the car. I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a deep breath.

Aisha placed her hand on my shoulder and I looked at her.

"Everything's going to be okay." She said.

"You think so?"

She nodded.

"It's never too late. Never too late for love and family." She gave me a small smile.

I nodded once and unbuckled my seat belt then I got out the car. Aisha lead the way to the door and she rang the bell a few times. The housekeeper came to open the door then she told us to go up to the master bedroom.

Pattie was sitting on her bed with Maya in her arms, staring as she was being sang to.

The sight warmed my heart and a tear quickly rolled down my cheek.

"Hi aunty Pattie." Aisha smiled.

"Hello." Pattie whispered, a small smile on her face. "Come meet your baby, Dileah."

I couldn't move.

Aisha gave me an encouraging nudge and I took a few steps towards my baby.

'My baby'. It felt so weird yet so good to think about it. It finally happened and I was so overwhelmed, I didn't know what to do with myself.

I sat next to Pattie and she handed Maya over. I cradled her in my arms and looked into her gorgeous grey eyes. She was bigger than I remembered, even cuter too. Her curls were a little wilder and her cheeks a little chubbier. She was perfect.

"She's so beautiful." I smiled and stroked Maya's hair gently.

"She is." Pattie agreed.

"Can I hold her?" Aisha asked.

I looked at her and hesitantly nodded. I didn't want to let go of Maya. Not ever.

"Hello, princess Maya!" Aisha said as she took Maya. "I'm aunty Aisha, your fairy godmother AKA she that will spoil you rotten."

"Don't you dare." I said.

"Your mommy's a little uptight, cutie." Aisha whispered. "I'm going to show you around your grandma's house. Is that okay?"

"Go ahead." Pattie said.

I was glad she agreed. She and I had some things to talk about.

It was quiet for a moment but Pattie decided to speak first.

"How have you been?" She asked me.

"I've... I've been okay, I guess." I said softly. "You?"

"Alright." She nodded.

"A-And Justin?"

"Doctors say he's stable."

"Pattie, I'm so sorry..." I frowned.

"It's okay. I mean it." She stroked my back.

"I thought I was doing what was best. I should've known better."

"You were hurt. I understand."

"He was just trying to help."

"I suppose. But he should've asked you first."