Prologue

Noelle P.O.V.

Okay, how should I start this? Hmm, maybe I should start from the beginning. Tell them how we met. Tell that ever since we shared our dreams, even Michael's weirdest ones, no keep that as our secret. Tell them that this is, that this has to be, one of the happiest days of my life.

"Hello, everybody, please. For those who I haven't had a chance to talk to properly, I'm Elle." I said while giving a small wave.

Michael nervously looked up at me, holding to his glass for dear life. His now pronounced wife Abigail clutched his arm and waited for me to go on with my speech.

"And this has got to be one of the happiest days of my life." I said. And with that, all of the memories with Michael, good and bad, came tumbling back to me like a movie.

12 years earlier (Noelle's 18 Birthday)

"Ahhh!" I screamed while jumping up and down with my hands in the air. Michael was right in front of me doing the exact same thing, well minus the screaming part.

We were drinking shots together, shot glass in one hand in one hand and lemon slice in the other. Michael threw his head back and took a shot of vodka.

He then bit into a lemon and looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back and led him to the dance floor. We danced side by side. Well, I wouldn't call it dancing. We were literally making a fool out of ourselves.

Shot after shot after shot, I felt myself letting loose. I began to feel free. I was a whole different person. If I was standing right next to the drunk version of me, I probably wouldn't recognize myself. Wait, no, I just lied right there. I definitely would not recognize myself.

Michael held out another lemon slice and I took it into my mouth, allowing my lips to brush against his fingertips. He started to lean in, and I followed his lead. He rubbed his nose against mine and pressed our foreheads against each others.

Michael finally closed the gap and brushed his lips against mine and then gave me a quick kiss, making me want more. He kissed me again, but this kiss lasted way longer than the first. We both pulled away after a couple of minutes. Michael and I stared into each other's eyes, waiting for the other to lean in again.

I finally started to lean in when I felt myself starting to fall. My cheek collided with the cold floor and with that I passed out.

---

I woke up tucked in my bed with pillows all around me. I slowly started to drift off again- my head pounding from the massive hangover- when I heard knocking at the front door. I heard the door open and voices, but I didn't who those voices belonged to. I didn't care actually. I just wanted to sleep.

I closed my eyes hoping that the person at the door wasn't for me. I fixed my sleeping position and felt myself starting to go to sleep again when my mum called my named.

"Elle!" she yelled. I slowly got out of bed and stretched. I grabbed my comforter and wrapped it around my shivering body.

"I'm so sorry about her Mrs. Dunne. It was my fault, the whole thing." I heard Michael say while I was walking towards the top of the staircase.

"Ugh, I would love to believe you Michael, I really would. I just happen to know my own daughter."

"Mum, why are you shouting?" I asked her while leaning my throbbing head against the wall. She looked up at me from the bottom of the stairs and rolled her eyes at me. Michael looked up and smiled and started to climb the stairs to get to where I was.

I got up off of the wall and started walking back to my bedroom, knowing that Michael would immediately follow.

"I'm so embarrassed about last night." I whined while flopping onto my bed.

"Hey, it's okay, I know. But, you don't have to be." he said, walking into my room closing the door behind him.

"Ughhh! I behaved so badly! What am I five?" I said.

"Well, bad can be good too you know." Michael said.

"Good? It was awful. I feel sick just thinking about it."

"Like, w-which part?" he asked with a worried look on his face.

"All of it!" I exclaimed. I looked up at him and saw how disappointed he looked. What exactly happened last night? I only recall half of the night.

"Whatever happened last night, it never happened. Like don't tell anyone, okay?"

"Okay." he sighed.

"How did we even get home last night?"

"My mum picked us up. You passed out and I didn't know what to do, I panicked. I know we won't go clubbing anytime soon, that's for sure. Mum thinks it's all my fault, I'm such a bad influence, blah blah blah."

"That last part is most definitely true." I said while smiling at him. I sat up on my bed and scooted closer to him.

"Well now, I have to go to the library every night."

"Wow, that's such a nightmare."

"Yea, I know. Do libraries even have video games?"

"I don't think so Mikey." I said, softly giggling at his stupidity.

"Ugh, it could be worse though, right? Bethany Williams just got a part time job there." he said while softly biting his pale pink lower lip.

"Yea right."

"What?"

"Bethany Williams?"

"Mhmmm."

"That girl, even I want to sleep with her."

"Well, for your information, she's been giving me the eye lately." Michael says while raising his eyebrows.

"Yea, she's probably wondering why you haven't popped that big ole zit in the middle of your forehead."

"Oh fuck off. She is not!"

"Yes she is, come here. Lemme pop it for you."

"No!" he screeched. "Get away from me woman!" I kept grabbing for the zit.

"Stop trying to touch me woman!" he yelled. It was like he was screaming bloody murder. We wrestled for a while after that, like it was the big championship. Well, he was just grabbing my hands.

Oh Mikey, how would I ever be without you?