three

Noelle P.O.V.

"Elle we should leave this place, I was thinking about going to Boston, Massachusetts" Mikey said while driving to nowhere in particular.

"So you're saying that I should flee the country?"

"Elle, I'm serious. Us staying here isn't going to get us anywhere, it's a dead end. And my dad wants me to try and get a scholarship at Harvard."

"You are serious." I said with wide eyes.

"It's one of the best medical schools in the world." he replied with a small smile. "Anddd, Boston College happens to have a really great hotel management course. That is what you want to do, right?"

"Yea it is, but I doubt my parents would even let me go."

"Elle, it's about your future, not theirs."

---

I sat on my living room couch waiting for my parents to come home from church. They are reallyyy religious. But I, being the rebellious teenager that I am, told my parents that I had to do something after school.

I heard the front door open and my father's laugh echoing throughout the foyer. I quickly stood up, fixed my skirt and went to greet them.

"Why Noelle, you're home early. I thought you had to do something at school."

"Uh, yea. But I got done early so here I am." My dad went into the kitchen to prepare his coffee and my mom's tea. My mom's addicted to tea.

"Um, Mom, Dad, I have something that I want to bring up to go guys." I said with my hands shaking behind my back. My parents took a seat on the couch with their drinks in their hands.

"What is it?"

"So uh so Michael wants to go to Boston for college, he's trying to get into Harvard. And uh, he wants me to go with him." I said, wiping the palms of my hands on my skirt before sitting on one of the loveseats.

"You can't!" my mum exclaimed, almost spilling her tea. "Who would do your laundry, feed you, or anything for you?"

"Well they have food in America mum, and washing machines can clean clothes."

"It's so far away. Talk to her Dennis." my mom said, turning her attention towards my father. My dad drank the last of his coffee and stood up. He grabbed his coat off of the rack by the door.

"C'mon Elle, let's go for a walk." he said. I jumped out of my seat and rushed over to him, grabbing my coat as I walked by. I shut the door behind me and followed him.

"You know, going over to America for college isn't a bad idea."

"I know, I really want to go, but mum is going to try and prevent me from going."

"Don't worry about her Elle." We walked into the hotel that he worked at and went to the room marked Employees Only. He quickly put on his uniform, he was already a couple minutes late.

"Have you ever wanted more Dad, more than what you have now?"

"You know what my mom used to always say? Not for the likes of us. When you brought up going to Boston, her voice popped up in my head. I don't want that voice planted in yours either."

"I want to own a hotel one day dad. I don't want to be the one working for someone, everyone's going to be working for me."

"You're amazing Elle. There's nothing that you can't do if you put your mind to it."

"But, if I go to Boston mum will never speak to me again."

"And if you don't go, I'll never talk to you." he replied with a grin on his face. He leaned down and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and walked away.