23

Jessica's POV

After Steven ran out of the house, Sammy and I spoke for a bit.

"Do you think he still likes me?" I ask her, blushing a bit.

"I don't know. Why you blushin'?" She laughs, pointing at my cheeks.

This only makes me blush harder, knowing that Sammy could probably already tell.

"Go back to your boyfriend and stop dreaming 'bout Steven. If he wants you, he'll come to you." She gives me a warm embrace, then pushes me out of the door.

I walk around the corner, towards my car. Inside, Adriel and Jose are both on their phones, doing who knows what.

"Hey Adri Boo. What you up to?" As soon as I ask the question, he sets his phone down, hiding it from me.

"DMing some fans."

We drive back to the house without another word.

"Adriel?" I ask after a long silence.

"Hm?" He asks, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Are you okay? You're not being your usual self."

He lets out a deep sigh, then stops the car. We park in front of Jose's house, staying inside the car. Jose rushes out of the car, giving Adriel a worried look. "Jessica, I'm moving. To Utah."

My heart breaks. Maybe we weren't dating that long, but to me, it felt like we had been together for years. We were inseperable.

Before I know it, I'm in full on tears. "What does this mean for us?" My voice croaks, barely audible.

"I honestly don't know. Long distance relationships are hard, and I don't know if I could do it."

We sit in silence for a while, not daring to look into each other's eyes.

"When are you leaving?"

"In two days."
-
Two days later

The last two days haven't been very eventful, due to Adriel's sudden move. He has been really busy packing.

Today was the day he was leaving, the last day I would be able to call him mine. Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes.

I make the inevitable drive over to Adriel's house, tears streaming down my face.

3 more turns left. 2 more turns. 1. Your destination is on your right.

There, his house stood, looking quite empty. All that was left was the furniture.

Adriel walked out, looking quite depressed.

"I love you Jessica. Please don't forget that." He kisses my forehead, then looks deep into my eyes. We stare for a while, all memories we had together coming back to me.

"Adriel! Vamanos!" His mom yelled, placing his brother into the car.

Tears found their way down my face, falling to the ground.

"I'm gonna miss you, Jessica." He gives me one final embrace, then runs off into the car.

The car started, then pulled out of the driveway. 10 feet away.

20 feet away.

50 feet away.

Gone.

I fell to the ground, sobbing. My cries were interrupted by a voice calling to me.

"Jessica?"

Steven's POV

After speaking to Abby, I went to skate around, taking my mind off things. I soon found myself in an unfamiliar part of town.