Reception 1

We arrived at the reception hall and I had to drag Niall and Lucan out of the car. They were behaving like two teenagers.

The rest of the wedding guests were arriving in droves and as soon as they could, they stormed in to find a seat.

Niall looked at me with wide eyes and rubbed his tummy, showing me that he really was hungry.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. Jessica cleared her throat and tapped me on my shoulder, we broke the kiss and just started laughing.

When we finally got inside, I was shocked to see that the place was decorated just like the invitation card, green and yellow.

It's was the ugliest of colors under the sun or let me rephrase that, the most hideous colors to me.

We reached our table, where our little name tags were displayed. It was placed according to how we had to sit.

I took my seat and Niall sat down in the chair next to me. Mike and Ashlee came through the door and everyone stood up clapping their hands, welcoming the couple.

They sat down and everyone started talking, making the once quite place noisy, it almost sounded like a hornets nest

Mike and Ashlee had the privilege to open the dance floor with the first dance. After that fiasco, everyone else was invited to join in.

"Do you want to dance princess?" Niall whispered softly.

"Yes, please."

I took Niall's hand and we slowed danced for a few songs. We were now closer than we have ever been.

I could smell his aftershave, which still lingered a sweet smell, even though he had put it on a few hours before the wedding.

"I really have to tell you something Zenè."

"Sure. What is it Niall?"

"It has taken me this long, but I just wanted to be sure, certain before I say it."

"I... are you breaking up with me?" I let go of him and stepped back letting go of his hand.

"No... of course not." He once again took my hand in his.

Niall pulled his shirt right and started playing with his hair; this had to be something serious that he had to tell me.

"I... I love you Zenè."

"You do?"

"Yes... yes, I do love you, I love you so much."

"I love you too Niall."

I kissed him, claiming his lips for my own and I felt a million butterflies fluttering in my stomach. We broke away from the kiss when my dad took the microphone, announcing that it was time for the father, daughter dance.

I decided to leave for a bathroom break and Niall went back to our table and sat down next to Jess.

I stepped out of the bathroom when two hands roughly grabbed me and pushed me up against the wall.

Mike's eyes filled my vision, filled with anger and I knew if he was angry, you don't say anything more to upset him because he will hit you. His temper was very volatile.

"Mike! You... are hurting... me." He let me go and I rubbed the place where he had held me, trying to soothe the throbbing pain.

"Why Z? Why? I ask you."

"What are you talking about Mike?"

"I know you still love me and want me."

Mike sounded drunk and delusional; he kept on talking like a mad person.

"I still don't understand what you are trying to say."

"Why didn't you stop the wedding? I looked at you, but you just kept ignoring me, like we were not even in the same room."

"Mike I think you had too much to drink."

I tried to walk away, but he once again grabbed me, making the pain even worse.

I tried signalling for help, but everyone was too busy with their own conversations.

Mike pushed himself on me and tried to kiss me, but I quickly pulled away, giving him the cold shoulder.

"Get this into your thick head Mike. I did love you once, but not anymore! What happened on the porch, or let me say, almost happened, was a sign of weakness."

"Don't lie to me Z."

"No, I am not lying, look at that guy over there, the one with the blond hair, he is my boyfriend now. I love him and no one else." He let go of my arms and I pushed him away from me.

His back hit the wall, I turned and quickly walked away, back to Niall's seat.

I took his hand in mine, pulled him to his feet and we went outside, just to get away from the scene that had just happened.

It felt so good to tell Mike off and I did love him once, but now I love Niall and I will love no one with this much love.

Niall placed his lips on mine and I enjoyed the sweet kiss he gave me and all memories about Mike was wiped from my mind.

*Stay sweet Xoxo ✌.