CHAPTER 5: My Memory Sucks

Chapter 5:
My Memory Sucks

I legit have no idea why I even said yes. I'm sitting in this strangers car and he's talking about how much he loves me and how he is going to tell his parents the great news . And all  I'm thinking right now is , Shit.

I know nothing about him , and I'm pretty sure these people , Hyun and Kim have been together for a long time , and have memories I do not recall , or know for that matter !

I'm so dumb , what am I going to do ! And all by myself ?

"I have something special for you when we get back ." The pretty good looking stranger looks at me and smiles .
I had to admit he is cute , I really don't mind that part .

Wait . Something special ? He doesn't mean what I think he means right ?

I really should've thought this through . I mean I'm not even gay ?!

"W-what is it ?" I mentally face palm for stuttering . What is wrong with me ?

He chuckles deep like and glances over at me for a split second before turning his eyes back to the road . It's good to know he's a responsible driver .

"Well I guess it's not that special " he sighs but looks happy nonetheless ." He's an old friend of mine , I would like you to meet him ." His smile faded as he looked ahead pondering , like he was remembering something he didn't want to .

Its getting stuffy in the car with my awkwardness . I don't know what to do . I know nothing of his family , nor his life .

I look out the window and notice all the fancy restaurants . Dang I'm hungry . I had to leave my bubble tea outside because this fool doesn't like drinks in his car .

"We should go there sometime ." I say happily pointing at one of the restaurants that's named something like Coreanos .

I turn to look at him and I instantly regret what I said .
His face looks like he was stabbed in the heart .

"We have been there already ." He says with the most pained expression I have ever seen .

"R-really?" I nervously chuckle and look away not wanting to see his face any longer .

"Yea , that was our first date ." His voice was a bit hard but I didn't blame him . What type of lover would forget their first date. Me ! That's who .

"I- I guess it slipped my mind , sorry I'm just hungry ." I was sorry , sorry that he doesn't get to be with the one he loves , sorry that it's the wrong finger he put this extremely expensive ring on .
"I'm sorry ." I say one more time before the sleep finally takes over me . I was exhausted , and this was the best way to stop talking .

***

I wake up to the sound of the engine turning off , and what I see outside was a shit load fancier than the hotel I stayed at .

"Wow ! You live in a hotel ?" Again .. I should really stop talking .

He looks at me curiously but he ends up laughing , what was so funny ?

But his laugh , his laugh is what I want to hear . It was beautiful , weirdly cute . He would open his mouth and show all his teeth , but his whole body would move with him , like it hurt to laugh .

"Why are you being so funny ?" He laughs again , I am so confused .

His laughter dies down , and I'm really glad that the tension has lifted .