Chapter 3: The Auction...

Christian's P.O.V.

The day had passed rather quickly and in a way I was glad it has. Looking at my watch it read 5:45 pm. I had just finished looking over some contracts when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in..." I say and hear the door open exposing my assistant Andrea.

"Mr. Dornan, I have your tuxedo for tonight." she smiles as she walks towards me holding up the tux.

"Thanks Andrea, you could put it in my changing room." I tell her still looking at the papers in front of me.

I heard her footsteps disappear and appear a few minutes later. Looking up she was standing in front of my desk frowning at me.

"Is there anything wrong Andrea?" I ask leaning back on my chair so I could look at her.

I heard her sigh and open her mouth "Sir, I know you work very hard at what you do...you wouldn't be who you were if you didn't..." she trailed off still glancing at me.

"...and your point?!" I ask her with my brow cocked up waiting for her to continue.

"...I'm sorry Sir, I, I just wondered why you don't seem to want to stop working when it is a Friday evening and you have a party to go too?! You work so hard that...that maybe you deserve a bit of fun?!" she said then blushed as she looked down at the floor not wanting to meet my eyes.

There was a moment of silence when she spoke again. "I'm sorry Mr. Dornan. I didn't mean too..." but I cut her off.

"Andrea..." I say sighing. "...I understand what you mean. I get so lost in my work that I always loose track of time. You're right, I need to get ready for this party and maybe have some...fun?!"

I notice her smile automatically realizing that I wasn't upset at what she had just told me.

Walking around my desk I started heading towards my changing room, it is actually an en suite I had built which included a bed, closet and bathroom. It was practical since I spent a lot of time in my office. Instead of going home after a long grueling day I just stay here and rest.

I took a quick shower and began to get ready putting on my Tuxedo pants, my socks then my shoes. I walked back to the mirror to comb my hair and brush my teeth. I then walked back into the room putting on my dress shirt and then slipped on the Jacket. Walking over to the full length mirror I look over at my appearance...Satisfied I pick up my wallet and my cell then head out to my office.

 walk out of the office and see Andrea sitting down at her desk when she looked up at me then smiled.

"I was wondering when you would be done?!" she said standing up looking me over.

"So, how do I look?!" I ask as she circles me and taps her chin like she was thinking.