Chapter 7: Would you Dance with Me?

Christian stood by the bar drinking his glass of Scotch. The liquid gold slowly burned his throat as it made it's way down. He wasn't a heavy drinker, but whenever Nicholas was around he was. He irked him to the point of drunkenness.

He always tried to keep cool and collected, never letting anyone crawl under his skin. He guessed that's why people thought him heartless or uncaring most of the time. The truth was that he hadn't always been that way. He once cared a great deal about someone. In actuality two people, one being Nicholas and the other one his ex fiance.

Now hearing Nicholas's voice made him cringe and his ex's name refuses to be let out of his mouth. It just leaves a very bitter taste afterwards.

He watched intently as Sofia made her way through the room. She made sure she didn't leave anyone without a greeting, hand shake, kiss on the cheek or a smile. A smile that made Christian grin a bit.

"Enjoying your night?" a voice asked from behind him breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Very much so." responding without taking his eyes off of her.

"That's great. I'm sure Sofia will be happy to hear." responding back.

At the mention of her name, he turned around. "Ms. Martinez?"

"Yes of course. The one who set this all up. You are Mr. Dornan, right? The one that is paying a mill to spend a week with her?"

"I am and you are?" asking curiously at the man in front of him.

"Matteo, Matteo Santos. I'm one of the Social workers that works at the Children's center. I also volunteer when I have a chance." he tells him sticking out his hand to shake.

*Matteo Santos played by Tyler Hoechlin in Media Picture*

Christian takes it and shakes it. "So you work with Ms. Martinez?"

"I do. She's a great Boss lady. Thank you by the way."

"Thank you for what?" Christian asked.

"For donating the money. The Center was in dire need of it and Sofia was very worried we wouldn't make the goal. She loves her job and the kids as if they were her own and vice versa. You should see how they gravitate around her. She's so motherly to them that they feel it. But, you'll see first hand when you visit." Matteo tells him with a smile on his face at the end.

"I definitely will and there is no need to thank me. It's for a great cause. She seems like she is doing a great job."

Matteo nodded his head. "Between you and me, a way better job than Mrs. Williams ever did. All she cared about was how the position made her look in front of her husband's political friends. I personally don't think she even likes kids. Can you believe that? A Director of a Children's center who doesn't like kids..." he chuckled as he shook his head. "That's just very sad."