H is for High School: Procrastination (Kellic)

hi hello yes so this one doesn't require much explaining. high school au in which kellin and vic always end up procrastinating until the last minute and end up getting things done at 3am

In theory, Vic knows from experience that procrastination is bad. Every time a new project is assigned, he tells himself he's going to start working on it right away. Every time a test is coming up soon, he insists that he's going to study every single day. And every single time, he's wrong.

This time, though, Kellin's in the wrong, too, because apparently, he's just as bad as Vic. They've been assigned as partners for a presentation that they had a week to do, and they worked on it together a little bit, but somehow time got away from them, and now it's three in the morning and the presentation is supposed to be done in about five hours. They're fucked.

"You're terrible," Kellin says as they're staring at the PowerPoint open on Vic's laptop screen. "Who uses that font? We've gotta make it look pretty. We're not basic."

Vic makes a face. They're sitting together on his bed, the computer on his lap and Kellin leaning over with their shoulders pressed together. "Judging by how shitty this entire thing looks and how much we're going to fail it tomorrow," Vic says, "I'd say we are pretty basic, Kellin."

"Yeah, but not that basic. Here, let me fix it." Kellin takes the laptop from Vic and promptly starts going through fonts, making faces that show various levels of disgust for each one. It's kind of cute.

Vic pushes that last thought out of his brain—where the fuck did that come from? "Um," he says, interrupting Kellin's intense font search, "shouldn't we be focusing less on the font and more on the actual information?"

"The rubric says it has to look neat and colorful," Kellin replies. "So no. I think I found a good one anyway."

Vic rolls his eyes. "As long as it's not Comic Sans, I don't care."

Once Kellin has the font changed to his liking, he hands the laptop back over to Vic. "There. Now. What are we missing?"

"Like, everything."

"Are you serious?"

Vic shakes his head, laughing a little and rubbing his eyes. He's seriously going to hate himself in three hours. "No, I think we've got most of it done. But now we have to figure out what we're going to say, since we can't just read what we have on the PowerPoint. We have to have an oral part to it, too."

Kellin snorts. "Ha. Oral."

Vic smacks him lightly, trying not to laugh again (and failing). "You're gross. Now come on. I already have a C in this class and I don't want it going any lower."

The presentation isn't the best thing either of them have ever done, but they get a decent enough grade on it. "It's a lot better than I expected," Vic says, nodding in approval at the comments scribbled in pen on their rubric.

"We should work together again sometime," Kellin replies. "If we get the chance."

Since they've actually become something close to friends, the two end up hanging out with each other quite a lot, often sitting near each other and pairing up with each other in classes where neither of them have any other friends. It's their system, and Vic would love it if he weren't constantly thinking about how funny and adorable Kellin is. That's a bit of a problem. High school crushes are the last thing he thought he'd end up worrying about.

"Why does that Kellin guy always come over?" his brother, Mike, asks one day after school as they're walking home. "And why does he sleep over sometimes? And why do you sometimes leave and sleep over at his place sometimes? You better be using protection."