Mysterious Cafe

A certain blond wandered through the busy streets of the city, looking for something to eat.

I should probably get lunch quickly... I have to get back to the shop at 1...

He looked around the street. There was... fast food, fast food, and... fast food.

Ugh... I'm sick and tired of eating fast food everyday... He thought dejectedly as he trudged on.

After 5 minutes, he still found nothing.

Shit, I have ten minutes left... Today would probably be another no lunch day...

He sighed and walked back to his shop. As he turned to a smaller street, he smelled the scent of coffee.

"Hm?" The blonde turned to the source of the smell. "Was there always a cafe here?"

He walked closer to the cafe to examine it.

Weird, it doesn't have a menu...

Intrigued by this small cafe, he opened the door of the cafe. As he opened the door, he was hit by the whole atmosphere of the cafe.

Soft jazz music played softy in the back, a golden-orange light illuminated the brick walls, and the sweet smell of coffee wafted through the air.

"Wow..." The blonde felt like he stepped into a whole other world. All the tension in his shoulders slowly drifted away.

"Would you like something?" A soft voice came from the counter.

"Oh I was wondering if you had a menu?" His eyes drifted to the male at the counter.

He was a short, yet slender man with baby blue hair. His soft blue eyes gazed directly at the blonde.

"U-um..." He tried to speak up again.

"Please make yourself comfortable." The man pointed at the chair, interrupting him. "Would you like it here or to go?"

"Uh, to go, but I haven't even ordered anything?"

He was ignored as the man started preparing a coffee.

...I shouldn't have gone here... He thought sullenly and sat down in the chair. Although, the atmosphere is nice...

A few minutes later, a bag and a cup of coffee was set in front of the blonde.

"Huh?" He stared at the bag. "I didn't order anything though..."

"You are a new customer, it is free of charge." The man said, then left to attend to the dishes.

...I guess it's better than nothing then... He thought as he left the cafe and walked a few yards to his hair salon.

"Ah, I got here just in time!" The blonde walked into the salon where a stern-looking man was glaring at him with his arms crossed.

"Just in time?! You are ten minutes late Kise! How many times do I have to tell you not to be late!"

"Haha, sorry Kasamatsu, I was caught up with a cafe."

Kasamatsu was about to shout at him again, but he stopped when the door opened.

"Um, I'm here for my haircut from Kise...."

"Oh, welcome welcome!" Kise smiled at the girl and set the bag and coffee down on the counter. "Please, sit here."

================================================================================

As the girl was getting her hair curled by Kasamatsu, Kise took his lunch and sat in the room in the back.

He sighed and took a sip of his coffee. It was surprisingly still warm and a caramel flavor enveloped his tongue.

Caramel cappuccino..?

After he gulped down half of the coffee, he took out the contents of the bag.

It was a turkey sandwich.

Hm? How did he know I was craving for turkey? ....................Nah, must be a coincidence....

He took a bite of the sandwich. Simplistic, yet healthy: just what Kise wanted for his lunch.

How strange...

=====================================================================

And that's it for chapter one! I'm sorry if it's poorly written, but it was 12am when I finished this lolol.

There's not too much drama in this story, it's more like fluff and just a heartwarming story  (hopefully lol)

Thank you to EmilyNguyen707

For reminding me about this story lol, if you hadn't reminded me, I probably would've never posted anything at all! So thanks :)