Friend?

Jesus Christ, 2K words O.o First time ever lol. It was fun though, writing fluff make you feel all fluffy ahah

================================================================

Kise stood in front of the small coffee house, peering in through the glass doors. He was intrigued by this small cafe. It must have just been a coincidence that the barista knew what he wanted to drink. What else can explain this phenomenon?

He nodded pensively. The cafe was probably just opening, which was probably the reason why there wasn't a menu. Nodding slowly to himself, he stepped into the cafe.

Once again, he was struck by the ambience of the cafe. It was peculiar from the previous cafes he has been to. They were always bustling with other annoying people like teenagers and always playing loud modern music.

This cafe was more calming, relaxed. It had little to no people, played a soothing classic jazz, and there was a general warm golden feeling to the cafe that Kise describes as homely.

Yes, this cafe somewhat reminded him of his home. A warm, welcome place, that nobody judged you for anything you do.

"...do you need anything?" He heard a small voice from the counter.

He gazed at the source of the quiet voice.

"Ah, I just wanted a drink here." Kise smiled and scratched his head. "But there's no menu..."

The blue eyed barista gazed at him and walked away from the counter to the coffee machine.

Intrigued, Kise settling himself on the bar stools next to the counter and watched the barista start working on the coffee.

"So... what's your name?" Kise asked the barista.

The barista didn't respond, and he continued preparing the coffee silently.

"Hm... what made you start as a barista?"

Silence.

"What coffee are you making?"

Silence, once again.

"... uh, okay..." Kise murmured and took out his phone to check the time. The barista had a mysterious aura around him even if he wasn't very verbal. But Kise can't help it if the bluenette didn't want to open up and socialize. Maybe he was just shy.

A few minutes later, the barista set down a small clay cup in front of him. The cup looked as if it was a traditional styled cup used in tea ceremonies, although the mouth was a lot wider. It contained white froth with green powder sprinkled on top. The edges of the froth were also lined with green, so Kise assumed that this was a green tea cappuccino.

"Ah! Uh, how much is it?" Kise asked.

"3 dollars." The barista answered.

"Okay!" Kise pulled out three dollars and planted it on the counter.

He took a sip of the coffee. The taste of green tea burned into his tongue, making him reminisce the traditional flavor of the countryside, yet there was still a taste of coffee and slight cream.

"This is really good!" He exclaimed.

The barista, who was washing the materials he just used, nodded thankfully in response.

"It seems like you know just what I need to drink!" Kise chirped happily.

The barista, not saying anything once again, just nodded.

"So... can I know your name?" He asked hopefully.

The barista glanced at Kise and just walked away. Kise sighed, crestfallen about the barista's refusal to open up.