The End of Crystal Heartfilia

Chapter 2 - The End of Crystal Heartfilia

A/N: BAM! Double update today. >:D

L u c y ' s | P O V

"Hey, Lucy, wake up." Crystal shook me gently.

"Unnn~" I groaned, "five more minutes."

"Come on, we need to go a nearby town. Maybe we could get job and rent a house. We also need food. If you're not coming, I'm going to leave you hear alone." Crystal said. She started walking away.

I immediately shot up as soon as Crystal finished her sentence. I don't like being alone, not since Mama and Papa died, which was yesterday. I fear that Crystal will leave all alone. I don't want to be alone.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I shouted as I ran up to her, catching up with her. 

"So, which town are we going to?" I asked.

"I believe we're going to Magnolia," she answered.

"Magnolia... isn't a wizard guild there?" I asked. "Maybe we could join!" 

"Lucy... I don't think that's a good idea..."

"Why not? We could take jobs and get money! We could rent a house and have food!"

"LUCY! I don't want you to get hurt!"

"I understand if you don't want me to get hurt! But we NEED the money!"

"WE CAN GET IT ANOTHER WAY! MY DECISION IS FINAL! EITHER YOU WE WITH ME OR WE SEPARATE!"

"No... I don't wanna be alone."

"Then let's go."

The rest of the trip to Magnolia was silent. All that was heard were the sounds of our breathing and the pitter-patter of our footsteps.

[ M a g n o l i a ]

People stared at us, whispers were heard. If I were in their place, I would as well. Seeing two little girls burnt with ripped clothing isn't an everyday thing.  

"Hello, ladies. What can I get for you today?" A salesperson asked as Crystal and I walked in.

"Could we get some new clothes?" Crystal asked.

"Yes! Of course. While you are here, would you like a bath? I live on the top floor and there's a bathroom there. If you'd like to wash off, you can," the salesperson said. What a nice salesperson.

"If... if you don't mind," I whispered. I was incredibly shy, especially around people I don't know.

"I don't mind at all! Come," the person said. We followed the lady until we reached the bathroom. "You can take a bath here, I'll be back in five minutes with some new clothes for you two."

"We'll pay for them," Crystal said.

"No, no! It'll be my treat," she said.

"Thank you, you are very kind," I whispered once again. The lady nodded and left.

"We can't stay long. After this, we need to hurry up and leave before nightfall." Crystal said with a commanding tone.