Step 3.7 - Pep Talk

A/N: I don't know about you but I really like that Wattpad has a "Recent Comments" section on stories... The very first comment that showed up for this story says, 

"mother of a butt sucking horse with no teeth and dicks for legs" 

and I think that really captures the essence of this fic, thank you for that piercethelrh.

 Plus I'm still without an iPod charger so I can't even see what they were commenting on because I'm on my laptop but it sums up half the feelings this story provides so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I hope that comment stays at the top so that everyone knows what this story is about.

Looking in the mirror now, Ashton was half aware that by getting dressed up he was basically giving into peer pressure despite spending the entire walk to his house trying to get Luke to drop the idea of partying. Obviously it hadn't worked or Ashton would be sleeping instead of adjusting his black bandana.

He sighed, there was no going back and now he had to wait for Luke's signal because texting the boy when they were there is much too simple. Ashton felt like Luke didn't enjoy doing things the easy way, which is probably why they weren't in a real relationship.

There was a nearly inaudible thud from across the room which brought Ashton out of this thoughts, he kind of just expected it to be the sound of his dog falling off his bed but he realized that Indie wasn't even in his room today.

Another soft thud brought his attention to the window, which Ashton quickly decided was the signal and headed over.

"Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo?" Ashton joked, looking down at the two boys standing on the grass below his window.

"Shut up you prick, you're as loud as a bog horn for fuck's sake." Luke snapped in a hushed tone. Ashton's smile flattered a little, expecting-No, hoping that Luke would cheesily recite the next bit back to him. Luke had also been suspended at the time Romeo and Juliet was being read in class so Ashton wasn't quite sure what lead him to believe that Luke would play along.

"Time to go, Sunshine." Michael stated upon seeing the look that crossed Ashton's face, the blue haired boy gave Ashton a bright smile to hopefully get the boy's mood to match. "Also can I borrow a pair of socks from you?"

Ashton's eyebrows couldn't help but rise when watching Michael wiggle his toes in the grass. "Where did yours go?"

"I lost them somewhere in the bushes." Michael answered matter of factly, gesturing to the spare shrubs beneath Ashton's window. "What? I'm not paying for the damage rocks could do to your window! Oh, and I would prefer if they didn't match."

"Gotcha." Ashton said, receding further into his room to the point where neither of the boys outside could see him.

Michael took this opportunity to deck the blond. This wasn't what Michael had originally intended to do, but he was sick of how Luke was being toward Ashton.

So while Luke was still stunned on the wet grass, Michael scowled at him. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Cal keeps telling me about all these great things you do and how you always stick up for Ashton. I honestly can't believe a word he says about you because you are constantly calling him names, he is so nice to you. I haven't heard a single rude thing come out his mouth when it comes to you, actually. I understand wanting to call people names, and I do call people names but I'm always joking. With you, I can't tell if you really mean it or not and that bothers me.

"If you keep this up, he's going to find someone that treats him a hell of a lot better than you do and it'll be your funeral. I don't care what you've got going on with him but if you're not nice to him, then I'm not nice to you. And for Ashton's sake, I hope the dick isn't just in your personality Luke." Michael snapped, looking up just in time to see Ashton reappear in the window.

"Hey, the only socks I could find were this blue one--That looks like it matches your hair perfectly. And this one with orange and black zigzags.... Is that okay?" Ashton asked, looking at Michael for reassurance.

"Of course, they're perfect. Thanks by the way," Michael grinned, glad that it looked like Ashton's mood improved greatly.

"Oh, Luke, why are you on the ground?" Ashton's curiosity got the better of him after trying not to take notice of the blond's antics.

"The stars are really bright tonight," was Luke's response which was quickly followed by a quick explanation that he'd actually just slipped on the wet grass.

"Just jump," Luke instructed to Ashton while a snort could be heard from Michael.

"Oh my God, climb down the ladder." Michael sighed, gesturing to the ivy covered ladder that hugged the brick next to Ashton's bedroom window. Naturally the two idiots had to come up with the worst possible solution before anyone could stop them, which is why Ashton was dangling out his window when the words left the palest boy's mouth.

"You guys are stupid." Michael groaned, having had enough of the two boys for today and was happy to not stress out about their safety during the oncoming party. All Michael was looking forward to was getting laid, an the key was to get Calum slightly pissed off and maybe a little drunk.

And Calum hated mismatched socks.

"I'll be in the car," he added as an afterthought before walking off.

"Did I mention that I hate you?" Ashton whispered through gritted teeth, directing his glare at the blond who was currently trying to find out where Ashton would fall like one of those parents in the movie that are trying to catch their kid that is falling from impossible heights.

"Several times now, actually." Luke snarked to himself, one shoe being suctioned by mud and the other leg being eaten by some midget tree.

"Good."

A/N: Michael is one of my favourite characters, hands down, he just loves his friends so much that he's willing to fight the world and I think that's severely adorable, believe it or not.

Why is Google trying to correct the way I spell favourite? I guess that's one of the prices of being Canadian. 

Also, completely unrelated, I've reached a new level... Yesterday marks the day that I walked into an open door. I walked into an open door. To what do I owe the honour? Shady af lighting. I was even wearing my glasses but I still walked into it. Its not like the door opened outwards and I smashed my hip on the doorknob either, I just full on walked into a door despite holding the knob in my hand and having opened it a few inches.

I just thought you should know that useless tidbit of information, thanks for listening.

Have a nice day Lovely x