Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-Five

"Dustin I--what are you doing here?" I stuttered shocked that he was standing right in front of me. Well, actually I'm not that shock, this is a typical Dustin mood but I did not expect this right now. I didn't know how much he'd seen but if it was just a little run in now, it wasn't much and he wouldn't have anything on me. Either way my heart was still beating a mile a minute.

"What am I doing here?" He asked while laughing. "The better question is what are you doing here and why are you with a teacher?" He asked bringing his eyes to Caden with a scowl. From the corner of my eye I could see Caden's hands balled up into tight fists that settled at his side as he stared at Dustin venomously.

"That's none of your business." I told him now annoyed.

"I just can't believe you Diem, you rebounded to a teacher, really? You stoop that low?" He asked and I bit the inside of my mouth to keep myself from saying some real harsh things, whether he deserved it or not, I wasn't going to use fire against fire.

"Whatever you think you know, you don't, so whatever you say or think doesn't matter." I told him.

"Oh but I'm sure the school would be interested in a student screwing her teacher." He told me with a smirk but slight anger shaking his voice. I could see the fire in his eyes as he looked at Caden and I knew that this whole thing was bringing him over the edge, if that was even possible.

Caden was about to say something but I beat him to it. "Listen Dustin, I'm not screwing anybody and even if I was it's not any of your damn business, nothing about my life is your damn business so why don't you just leave me alone? God knows I want you to!" I told him breathing heavily by the end of it.

Dustin reached out and grabbed my upper arm tightly while pulling me into him. "You are my business, and everything you do is my business. And from these last couple of days that I've seen you, I can tell that this relationship between the two of you is more than professio--" Dustin was cut off by Caden ripping him away from me and stepping in front of me protectively.

"Listen you piece of shit" Caden said his voice menacing and so low that it was a bit frightening. "You're really beginning to get on my last nerve, but teacher or not, you lay a finger on her again and I'll make sure it's the last time you ever do." He told Dustin stepping closer to him so that they were toe to toe both looking at each other like they wanted to rip each other's heads offs.

Dustin began to laugh like a maniac, "you know you're really disgusting. You can't find a girl your own age? Instead you have to look at your class roster for a girlfriend. I might be a little messed up in the head sometimes but at least I'm not a pedophile." Dustin said smirking at the fuming Caden and I grabbed the back of Caden's jacket to pull him away from Dustin, knowing how angry he was right now.

"Dustin you don't know shit first of all. He is only twenty-four years old, and second we aren't a couple and we haven't done anything. I don't even know why I'm explaining myself to you, because I don't need to. Whatever you think you have on us is shit because we didn't do anything so have fun with your psycho life." I told him and he smirked while rolling his eyes.