Story 3 - Railway

+ Inspirated by The Knife Song +

Short steps, the wood was rough below Kayla's bare feet, but she couldn't stop.

All she was focusing was the light far ahead of her.

Drops of rain were falling on her, making her blond hair go damp. As she moved towards the lights ahead, rocks and sticks would sound below her naked feet.

She knew he was further behind, but she kept moving down the abandoned railway. 

It was dark and cold, and the brusque wind was blowing Kayla's hair on her face. Grabbing her jacket, she closed the zipper up.

The lights were a little bit closer now, and so were the steps behind Kayla. Her breathe got caught in her throat as she heard the loud thumps almost beside her.

She started picking up the speed, but he would run too. She tried stopping, but he would cease his steps too.

Kayla, standing still, turned around slowly, catching a slight view of his deep black eyes, before he launched himself to her. She found herself soon pinned to the ground, he was way stronger than her.

Kayla tried to scream, but his hand soon covered her mouth. Her back was pressed to the wood of the empty railway, eyes shut, denying the thing on top of her.

With a slight movement, he took a long, sharp knife from his jacket's front pocket, and slowly rested it's tip on Kayla's chest, then sliding it down to her hips slowly. Salty tears were covering her face, camuflated by the slight rain.

His knife travelled all the way up to her collarbone, pressing a little bit harde on her throat, up to her chin, tracing the contorn of her face.

As she inhaled, the sharp pain came. He had stabbed Kayla under her cheekbone. The pain came fast, and so did the blood.

She whimpered, but it was silenced by his hand. The cold knife then traced down her arm, to her wrist. He lifted the knife, and in one swift, it came down again.

One...

Two...

Three fingers off.

Her sobs and pain were extreme, but the more tears, the more he would wound her. Blood covered her hand, and he was enjoying every single drop of it.

He lifted the knife in the air once more, this time stabbing it into Kayla's leg; just above her knee. He then smiled and ran away, leaving her alone in the dark, sorrounded by blood, in the empty railway, with a knife drawing even more  blood from her upper leg.

Her own blood sorrounding her, red and fresh, as she tried unsuccesfully to stand up. All she could achieve was to roll around, and as soon as she did, she whimpered; the knife went deeper into her leg.

Flat in her stomach, she distinguished the lights ahead. They were so much closer now. Kayla swore the lights were getting closer and closer.

She recognized the train.

But it was too late.

It had ran her over.

Ceasing the pain, but finishing with her life.