Chapter 2: Up To Something

"Be right back, Rebecca." I said to her. "I have to go to the bathroom." "Okay, come back soon though." She replied, laughing a bit. I chuckled back and began walking out of the cafeteria. There she was again. Staring at me with her brilliant blue eyes. "Oh gosh.. What do you want?" I snapped at her. "Just want to talk, Sweetie." She said gingerly. "I refuse to sink to that level." I said at her rolling my eyes. I realize now that I do so, often. "Allow me to formally introduce myself." She said, ignoring my previous statement. "My name is Alyssa Waters, and you?" "Sabrina Kroppe." I barked back at her. "That's fantastic. Listen.. Sabrina.. I'd like to sincerely apologize for my previous outburst. I acted very foolish and immaturely. I hope you can forgive me, somehow." She said, with the sincerest smile. "Yeah, sure. Apology accepted, whatever." I said, rolling my eyes again. "Oh how fantastic!" She exclaimed, brightly. "In fact, I have something for you, treat it like a token of my apologies. May I present it to you after school? How about we meet in front on the girl locker rooms, by the vending machine." She said, looking me straight into my eyes. "Sure." I said, dully. I didn't have anything better to do, why not see this "token" she was talking about, right? "How magnificent! I will see you then, my lovely." The way she said the words "my lovely" could have been questionable. They were spoken in such a sly, and sneaky fashion.. Perhaps that was just her way of speaking. Right. I nodded at her, and began making my way to the bathroom. What? I still had to pee. 3:00 finally rolled around, and we were all dismissed. I walked down the hallway, and began making my way to the locker rooms, where I was supposed to meet Alyssa for her "token", or whatever. I peered around the pink vending machine, and what I saw next left a scar on me, for the rest of my life. Yes, I did see Alyssa. But who I saw with her changed me forever.