Chapter 6: Will She Make It?

All I could here were beeps. So many of them. All different paces and pitches. All around me, a never ending cavern of beeps. "Sabrina?" A voice asked. I've never heard it before. It was a sweet woman's voice. It broke through the beeps, and I suddenly saw it all. My eyes opened, and we're suddenly exposed to the blinding light above me. It emanated deep into my soul, filling me with life. I gasped for air, as I heard the woman's voice speak again. "Oh, Sabrina! You're alright! Thank goodness, I thought you were-" Her voice cut off as mine began. "Who are you?" I asked. I was lost, confused. "Oh, Sabrina. I'm your doctor. You're in a hospital. A boy came by late at night yesterday. He ran in with you in his arms, both of you covered in blood. He claimed that you were stabbed." I was shocked. I was astounded at what I just heard. "St-stabbed?" I managed to sputter. "Oh.. My dear.. W-we thought you were dead. I already phoned your friends..they think you're.. Gone." I stared at her innocent face lost in a never ending emotion of shock. "Th-they think I'm dead...?" I mumbled so quietly, I could barely hear myself. "Oh sweetie, they will be so thrilled to hear that you're alright!" She shouted, as she ran for the phone. NO! It was too late! I thought. "STOP!" I yelled. "It's too late now. They think I'm dead doctor. I'll just have to start over, with all of them." The doctor stopped dead in her tracks, and turned to me. "Pardon? You mean you don't want me to call your friends and tell them you're alive?" She asked, she sounded so perplexed.. "It may not sound like it is, but this is the proper decision. I know what I'm doing." I told her. "Look, Sabrina. This is your decision. I don't necessarily agree, but it's your call. I'm just glad you're alive." She smiled. I wanted to, but I couldn't smile back. There was nothing to smile about.
2 WEEKS LATER...
__________________________________________________________________________________
Well, I was finally free. I watched as the automatic doors closed behind me. I saw my reflection in the glass. "Last time I'm gonna look like that." I whispered to myself. I wanted to go home so much. To see my parent, to lie down in my bed, but this had to be done. Now. I made my way to the town salon. I entered, and saw the little red chairs that lined the hallways where the stylists messed with people's hair. I remember spinning around, and changing the heights of those chairs while my mother got her hair done. But that was so long ago, when I was just a kid. Soon, I was greeted by the friendly salon owner. She would always give me something to nibble on while I spun in the chairs, and my mother got her haircut. "Sabrina Kroppe? Would you look at you.. All grown up." She said, looking at me. I now realized how long it's been since I visited this place. "Yes, well.. How may I help you, dear?" She asked me, finally. "I would like to get my hair dyed red, and I want blue contacts." I declared. She looked slightly disappointed. "Ah, yes.." Her voice trailed off. It picked back up with a fake smile, and a: "well, let's get going!" I followed her to a red chair, and sat down, as she played with my hair. When she finished, she handed me a box. "Here are your contacts, darling. Blue, just like you asked." She said. "Thank you. How much do I owe you?" I asked. "It's on me, dear. Call it a get-well gift." She said with a smile. "My mother told you?" I asked, with a sigh. "Why, of course. We're great friends!" She laughed. I sighed even harder this time, and said: "Thank you." I said, chuckling a little myself. I was on my way out the door, when I heard "Tell your mother I said 'Hi!'" Called out from behind me. "I'll be sure to do that!" I called back. I punched the glass salon door open, and greeted the world. "Say hello to the new Sabrina Kroppe." I said out loud.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Note: after that, Sabrina went home, greeted her parents, and went to sleep. She will wake up in the morning in the next chapter, to clear things up.