Chapter 1 | Strange

Twelve years later

Violet's P.O.V

"Violet I've told you before there's no need for you to work. I give you everything you want." My mother once again began her pointless argument with me that I once again ignore while grabbing my bag.

"Purse, phone...." I let my words drift off trying to remember what I was missing.

"Violet!"

Purse, phone..... What else?

"Don't you dare ignore me Violet. I want you home. I don't like you working these late hours for money that I can give you!" She yelled coming closer.

Shit. Not today. Please not today.

"Violet!" She yelled once more as she stopped a little way behind me. What was I missing? Phone, purse.... What else!

My mother took a deep breath then finally, in a low voice "Violet please. " it wasn't a demand or her yelling at me. It was a plea. I turned to her and I'm sure she could see ANNOYED practically written on my forehead.

"We've been through this before. I will not stay home and let you take care of me for the rest of my life. I don't care how much money you have and could give me okay? I want money of my own to spend and I'm going to work whether you like it or not." In a swift motion I bent and kissed her on her cheek and as I released her she stared at me sadly. Her grey eyes holding me captive as I stood before her. She looked so stressed with her dark hair clipped down and her forehead creasing where her eyebrows were knitted together.

I felt bad for her. My father left when I was very young leaving just the two of us and I know she's just afraid of losing me but I'm a big girl now almost nineteen and being pampered for the rest of my life just wasn't going to work for me."I love you 'ma, I'll see you tonight okay?"

Nodding her head she let me beeline my way out of the kitchen, down the hall and as I was about to open the front door:

"Keys." Oh... that's what I was missing. Turning around I walked toward my mother and took the keys from her.

"Thanks mummy. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

"I just worry tha-"

"Don't."

Sighing in defeat she nodded once more and I turned and left her standing in the halls as I made my way out.

*********
Parking my custom made black motorbike with my name tattooed on it in the same color as my name I removed my helmet and began walking to the diner.

'J'S DINER' was a popular diner where breakfast, lunch and dinner was served in many forms. J stood for Justin, my boss who had a huge crush on me for some strange reason and would try to flirt with me every time given the chance. It was weird and inappropriate but the pay was great so I didn't see the need to quit because of him and his sick desires. He was like a hundred years old ! Okay I'm exaggerating but he truly was way older than me, probably twenty seven or six and I was eighteen. That's just wrong

Passing one of the floor-to-ceiling windows of the diner my reflection stared back at me.

My long jet black hair was in a big messy bun at the top of my head, my emrald green eyes standing out even through a reflection, plain grey T-shirt with J's Diner' on the back and my name tag to the front, black skinny jeans and a pair of black Vans in my feet. It was my usual work outfit and I REFUSE to wear a pencil skirt and heels like some of the other waitresses. Bending over and giving someone a clear view of my ass wasn't in the job description.

Pushing the front door open I greeted the other waitresses and grabbed a wash cloth and quickly got to work cleaning the tables. It was almost time to open up and there would be a rush.
Something about today wasn't feeling right though. The air was colder than usual and even though it was daylight it felt dark. Glancing over at the other gossiping waitresses who were giggling and cleaning at the same time, they seemed to be the usual calm unbothered girls they were even in their mini skirts. Today felt strange. A bad kind of strange but maybe it was just me.

*******
Hey so chapter one is up! I hope you guys liked this chapter its just to give you an insight of how her life was. BTW next chapter will have the action !!
So vote, comment and follow me if you like and the next chapter should be up very soon.
Until then.
Xoxo
Random.