Chapter 2 | Taken

Cleaning up the last table for the night, half of the other waitresses were already gone leaving me with a few others and Justin as I finished off. It was almost mid night and we were about to close but the cleaning was necessary apparently even though we had to disinfect the whole place over in the morning.

"You done over there Vi?" Called Justin and I nodded my head and made one last swipe of the cloth before straightening up and meeting his stare.

For a twenty seven or six year old Justin looked no older than twenty really. With his dark hair and muscular built body he was giving out that whole manly stuff. Most of the waitresses practically begged for the attention he gave me but I just couldn't see why. Sure he was handsome but what could he give me that any other man out there can't?

Relationships just weren't on my mind; I had too much to deal with already and maybe it also helped that I wasn't attracted to anyone, especially Justin.

The only reason I'm working at the diner really is for job experience and until of one my resumes to the journalism buildings around town gets accepted and in the meanwhile I was anxiously waiting for a reply.

Starring out of the floor-to-ceiling windows with the cream drapes pulled to the side, I looked out into the dark streets. I was getting an unsettling feeling suddenly, the dark unusual discomfort from earlier seemed to have strengthen as it was night.

"-it won't be weird or anything its a simple dinner and I won't try anything or you know do anything weird. I'm rambling on aren't I?" Manly laughter filled my ears at that point and then Justin's voice continued. "But anyway it will be like a normal dinner with two friends. What do you think?"

Turning to face Justin as he finished his speech I gave him the best "what did you just say?" look but being Justin and all he thought the 'look' was about the question he had asked me.

"I know it sounds weird and all Vi but you need a break and dinner with me would just be for fun nothing else." So that's what he was talking about.... Ewe ! Gross... I am so not going to *dinner* with my boss.

"Justin. You're fun and all but I don't think dinner with you would be appropriate and I don't want to hear rumors about fucking my boss because we went to dinner once." I stated and he did his husky laugh again but shook his head.

"We won't be sleeping together." He stated and I felt bad for using bad language but I knew I would repeat the words again if I had to.

"We won't but people will still talk Justin and I'm not sure that it would be a good idea for us to go to dinner. I'm sorry." Not.

Justin nodded his head and walked off heading to his office to get the keys to lock up. Everything was done and everyone stood like ghosts at their posts. I couldn't stand this anymore and the unnerving feeling was sending me crazy.

"And I'm off." I said loud not to anyone in particular but I got a few nods and heard a couple goodnights.

Walking out through the glass doors and entering the cool night I shuddered and watched goose bumps rise on my arms. I needed to get to my bike and reach home now. The unnerving feeling of being watched and the sence that the darkness was darker than usual was creepy enough.

Speed walking over to the bike, unlocking it and bringing the engine alive, I strapped on my helmet and straddled my bike.

Driving off into the darkness I couldn't help but speed. I didn't like this feeling and every second that I wasn't home it was growing stronger.

Speeding down the main roads the drive to my house seemed longer than usual. Great! Just frigging perfect. Traffic was settling higher up and I was forced to slow down.