Victim 25

I led on the ground for what felt like hours, but I was sure it wasn't for more than five minutes. Soon enough the pain in my chest became less and all I felt was a slight tingling in my fingers. And the funny thing was, I felt alive. As alive as some messed up chick with cool changing eyes who killed people for a living could. I was living the dream, quite honestly.

I felt more alive than I ever had. It was like I was high on some shit, but I was sure that I hadn't taken anything within the last five minutes. I couldn't of been high unless Flynn's fists were some new kind of super drug and, if they were, I was cutting his hands off and replacing mine with them. How cool would it have been to get my victims high before killing them! They'd be laughing with me as I broke their neck. Oh, how bittersweet that would've been.

I shook my head riding of the thoughts before balling my hands into fists and, as I uncurled them, I wriggled my toes and frowned, before sitting up.

Now, I liked to think I wasn't stupid. I liked to think that, if I ever did go to school, I'd gotten straight A's. I liked to think that I was a somewhat okay kid at maths.

But, at that moment in time, sitting on the hard ground with an unconscious half blood in front of me and a head that had miraculously healed, I had a kind of what the fuck moment.

The kind of moment you get when you look up and realise that the place you were in no longer had the same tinge of red to it. When you looked up and down at yourself like you were merely a bystander. It felt like I was outside of my skin and I didn't know why.

Everything felt foreign.

Everything was silent.

Everything was just... just.

Then Axel stepped around from the carcass of the car and everything came back to me and I couldn't help the grin from forming on my face and I couldn't help the fact that my legs ran towards him on their own accord and I also couldn't help the fact that I wrapped my arms around him so hard that he fell to the floor.

I was kind of happy at that moment in time. Because Axel was fine and I was fine and everything was a-okay.

Apart from the unconscious half blood slumped next to the side of the road and the quickening of Axel's breath. My brain hadn't quite comprehended the fact that Axel was actually alive, and it also hadn't comprehended the fact that I had some sort of bleh feeling in my stomach.

Nobody had spoken, until I raised my head and grinned at Axel, whose blond hair was a mess around his forehead and he just looked really cute at that moment and-

"You're crying," he stated, his voice sounding slightly scratchy.

"Huh?" I said, dumbfounded. I hadn't cried in what felt like years. I brought my hand up to my cheek and, indeed, it was wet with tears that were still pouring and- oh my fuck. I wished I hadn't been so happy to cry - normal people wouldn't of been this happy, they'd probably be sad, if they were crying - but right at that moment I could've leapt up and ran the perimeter of the earth in ten seconds flat.

My smile widened. "I'm crying Axel. I'm fucking crying!" I put my forehead onto his chest and let a grin form on my face. I brought my eyes back up to meet his. "I'm crying." I whispered. It may not have been the biggest thing in the world, but crying meant I had feelings. I wasn't some heartless bitch who killed people for a living now. I was literally a someone and I couldn't of been happier.

Axel smiled lightly at me. "You're crying," he whispered, bringing his hand up to my cheek. And I was so focused on the fact that my hands were tingling in a 'I want to put my hands in your hair but that'd be weird' way that I didn't realise that he was actually going to touch me.