10. What You Really Really Want

10. WHAT YOU REALLY REALLY WANT

Aiden's body was burning up.

The insufferable warmth that covered him from head to toe caused him to eventually stir awake and he felt like he had hundreds of blankets on top of him. He hated it.

As he slowly blinked out of the drunken stupor that he'd fallen in earlier, the whiskey having hit him harder tonight than it ever had before, it didn't take long for the panic to settle heavy in his chest while an overwhelming sense of regret slapped him hard across the face simultaneously.

It'd only been a few hours since he made a complete fool out of himself in front of Julian and, unfortunately, Aiden hadn't been drunk enough to forget it all. In fact, he remembered a lot of what he said and did. The memories came rushing back to him at a frighteningly fast pace that, for a moment, it was almost as if he was watching a film in his head; a film of him and Julian talking, laughing, touching, and connecting with one another in ways that – because of their working status – should have been forbidden.

Oh my fucking hell... What the fuck is going on here?! Fully conscious, Aiden finally registered the awkward position that he was in and it took everything for him to not jump out of the bed screaming.

Currently, he had a boner. Quite the uncomfortable kind. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was how he and Julian were so tightly intertwined with one another. How and why. Aiden was currently spooning his sleeping bodyguard, hugging him close as if he were afraid Julian would disappear if he dared to loosen his grip. They were lying in the center of Aiden's large bed, their bodies pressed together so tightly that it produced an uncomfortable heat.

"Holy s-shit!" Aiden whispered in a frantic tone, his pulse accelerating as he carefully began to untangle himself from Julian. 

Aiden had so much on his mind right now that he could barely think straight, but there was one thing that he couldn't ignore or deny about the kiss – the many kisses – that he shared with Julian earlier and it was that he actually enjoyed it. Thoroughly. Immensely.

Julian McAndrew was the first and only man that Aiden had ever gone after, drunk or sober; the only man that he wanted to go after. He's shared kisses with dozens upon dozens of beautiful women in his past, had plenty of passionate sex filled nights with various single ladies, but none of those past experiences had been on the same level that his kiss with Julian had been on.

None of those women had been able to take Aiden's breath away with just one look. One flash of a smile. One mind-blowingly out of this world kiss.

There was no question about it.

Aiden wanted Julian. Wanted him in ways that he was so damn ready for but also very unfamiliar with and that realization was fucking terrifying.