22. Mama's Boy

22. MAMA'S BOY

1 Hour Later

Aiden felt like he had no one left in his life that he could trust.

Julian McAndrew was an exception. Also, there was Aiden's mother, Lydia. She was someone that, as of late, had never done him wrong in any way, shape, or form. And despite the fact that Aiden had always secretly chased after Thomas' approval, he knew in his heart that he was a mama's boy at the end of the day.

"What are you thinking about?" Julian looked over at Aiden, he seemed to be completely zoned out in the passenger seat.

"I don't want to run into Thomas," Aiden sighed. "I don't know how I'll react having to see him again in person. My mother isn't answering her phone, so I don't know if he's in there with her or not."

Sitting outside his mother's house, Aiden stared at the large mansion, anxiety coursing through his veins.

"Well, I'll be there with you." Julian grabbed Aiden's hand and squeezed it. Aiden finally turned to look at him, smiling partially. "If your father is here, we'll get through it, together."

"Yes, together." Aiden took a deep breath in and exhaled before exiting the car. "Okay. Let's do this."

He and Julian had been sitting outside Aiden's parent's house for the past ten minutes while Aiden debated whether or not he wanted to go inside. The fear of running into his father is what made him stall. Aiden's emotions were still settling and he was still giving Thomas and Kyle the silent treatment ever since they teamed up and removed him from being CEO of Grayson Enterprise.

After calming down and having thought with a clear head, Aiden was no longer stunned by everything that had happened. A sneakily and carefully calculated move like that, Aiden could see his father behind it, but Kyle, on the other hand, Aiden hadn't expected him to be so ballsy.

He knew that Kyle had always been a kiss ass when it came to Thomas and the family business, but Aiden had never thought for a second that Kyle would weasel his way to the top to have him replaced as CEO of a company to a family that he wasn't even blood related to.

Thomas' actions stung, but Kyle's stung worse for Aiden because Kyle was like a brother to him. And now, overnight, he seemed to have turned into Aiden's enemy.

"Aiden!" Lydia exclaimed after she opened the front door to her home to greet the troubled son that didn't visit her often enough. "My sweet boy, how have you been? I haven't heard anything from you since you were in the hospital." She didn't give him enough time to answer as she playfully hit him on the shoulder. "Why haven't you called to check in with me? I've been worried sick about you, son."

"I needed some time to clear my head. I'm sorry, ma. I know I should have called you, but I'm here now. I wanted to see you in person to apologize." Aiden kissed his mother on the cheek before he and Julian entered the house. "Is Thomas around?"