Chapter 14 The Championship: Round 1

That night Max walked me home and we laughed and talked all the way.

That morning I hopped up. Today was the Championship.. Round one. We had 8 rounds and two weeks. I rushed up and put on the same hoodie and shoes. I had used the scanner yesterday and this was my best gear, maybe even the best I could get. I walked out the door and left a note for my mom.

Mom, I'll be gone for two weeks for the Elimination Championship, go to this website for more info,

Http//SquidSistersInterviewsInkopolisNews.com

~Love Aurelia

I ran out the door and hopped on the train. I hopped off the train and went in through the gate. I smiled seeing Scamander, Max, Star and Estelle there. We were all nervous. "Hey." I said. "Hey..." They all squeaked nervously. "Well let's get ready for it." I squeaked. "Yeah.." They squeaked. We walked up towards the lobby where about 30 something people were, Callie and Marie stood at the top. "Let's get ready for the Championship!" Marie cheered. We all got a sick feeling in our stomachs. "Are you sure the training was enough?" Max asked. "I think it's good that we even got it in." Estelle said. We tensed up and walked forward, even though the championship was a big event not everyone could compete in. We all got grouped up. The remaining players on each team would move on, but 4 players need to be splatted otherwise it would go into overtime. We walked up and were teamed with other people. Star and I were on the same team while Estelle and Max were the opposite team. Scamander was in another round. "You kill the guys on our team we kill the one done yours." I whispered. They nodded. We entered the game.
'Camp triggerfish'

We rose up, a fairly strong looking girl and a moderate looking boy inkling rose on our team. The people on their team didn't look too hard either. Star and I followed each other while the others went on their own. Star rose to the side of the wooden walls and readied her E liter 3K I walked around the other way and pestered them with my roller. Max and Estelle stayed back for my team to try to ambush them. I jumped down and splatted one of them while Star shot down the one behind me. Star and I hid in our ink and watched as our teammates went by looking confident. But the boy blew into bits from an ink mine Estelle had left. The girl screamed but it was too late. Max had splatted her and we were the survivors. We all walked to each other and smiled. We all cheered and hugged. The game automatically pulled us out.

"And we have our winners!" Callie said in front of a camera. We weren't in Inkopolis anymore. We we're in some weird place with a bunch of doors and rooms. It seemed like a boat, maybe it was a cruise. We walked in through the front door where a starfish like lady handed us our room keys. We were all next to each other. We put the keys in our pockets and headed back outside. "Where's Scamander?" I asked a bit scared. "He couldn't have.." Max trailed off. "No. He wouldn't." Star said. "He's a good shot, he's hard to take out." Estelle added. We nodded trying to deny the fact that we may have lost him. Suddenly to our surprise he showed up. "Speak of the devil." Estelle said. Max and I ran forward tears streaming out our eyes. We tightly hugged him. "What's this?" He asked. "We missed yoooou!" We said laughing and crying. He smiled. "I'm glad you all made it!" He smiled. Star and Estelle smiled but never hugged him. We went with him to get his room key.
Squid squad forever together..