ten - the date

"Where should we start?" I say after Michael finishes his shower and we get back to the tour bus.

"Movie or Xbox?" Michael questions, a sly look on his face.

"If you really think anything major is going to happen tonight.. ya' wrong,"

"Why?" He pouts.

"First, we just met, second, everyone is literally 10 feet away,"

"Never stopped Calum," Michael shrugs jokingly.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Michael," I laugh awkwardly.

"Anyway, what do you want to play?" He asks.

"Whatever is fine," I reply, already tired from the night.

-

We end up playing Injustice, and I fall asleep before him.

While I'm waking up, I can feel him moving, which means he's still playing.

"You're so nice, Ava," he says, I think he knows I'm awake.

After a long, probably 10 minute silence he begins to talk. "You're probably sleeping, but I think you're really cool, Ava. I don't know where this is going or how we're gonna make any of this work. But I have faith, wherever we're going, we'll make it there. Ew, that was fucking cheesy," Michael softly laughs and goes back to his game.

Funny thing was, I am in love with him. He's my idol, my sunshine, and most importantly, my best friend. He probably won't love me back, he'll see me as a good friend, a pal, anything but a lover. I mean, that's how all the girls think right? But this is different, he's a celebrity, living his dream and I'm just the average fan, and before that, the average girl. Not just by my looks, but my life and everything about me is just average. Nothing incredibly special.

-

"Morning," I make an exaggerated yawn because clearly, it was like 3am.

"Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine," he jokes.

"Never say that.. again," I look at him with fake mad expression.

"We've gotta be up around 6am for some radio show, should hit the hay," he yawns and stands up.

"It's in literally 3 hours, is there even a point?" I ask.

"They'll kill me if I don't sleep, so yeah,"

We get set up, me on the couch and Michael in his bunk.

"Goodnight beautiful," he whispers, trying not to wake anyone.

"Goodnight sunshine," I whisper to myself, making sure he doesn't hear.

-

"You awake?" I whisper-shout.

"Yeah," he replies,"sadly."

"Can I come up there? It's lonely down here," I frown, half lying, I really just wanted to lay with Michael.

"Yeah, sure," he says worriedly.

"I'm fine, just lonely and cold," I smile and hoist myself up into his very small bunk.

We cuddle up in his bunk, and that's the last thing I can remember before opening my eyes with what feels like everyone in the world just caught me red-handed.

-

woah an update that's cool and fresh okay bye ily