Chapter 8

(Media picture of Alex ^)

"Aryia, are you ok?" I asked worriedly, sitting on the plush bedside chair.

"I-I feel better now." She smiled, her whole face lighting up at seeing me.

"I was so worried, what happened to you?" I asked softly, grabbing her small hand. She couldn't be more than 6.

"M-mommy and daddy were k-k-killed by m-mean men that barged into our house, a-and almost k-killed m-me b-but I ran." She cried. I crawled into bed next to her and gently pulled her close wrapping my arm around her tiny waist. My heart clenched for the little girl in my arms.

"Shuuu, it's going to be okay, you have me now and I won't leave you." I said rubbing her back, and whispering comforting words in her ear and humming the tune to a lullaby as she cried.

She fell asleep sometime after that. Listening to her heartbeat I got up slowly, making sure not to wake her. I quietly left her room, closing the door softly.

I walked towards the cafeteria suddenly feeling hungry. It's almost midnight. I haven't eaten since the Chicken Alfredo, but that was a few hours ago and a lot has happened since then. I've been eating a lot more than I used to, it's weird.

Someone yelled my name behind me, snapping me back to reality. I'm in the cafeteria already, i turned to find that the person that called my name and is now walking towards me, is none other than my jerk of a mate, Nate Cardion, aka Alpha Jackass.

I turn away from him, and continue walking towards the vending machine. I put my money into the money slot, and pressed the button. Watching the chips I wanted fall, and noticing my mates warm presence behind me, I bend over and grab the chips then swiftly standing upright again. I walk towards one of the booths nearby, hearing his low growl at my obvious disrespectful behavior towards him by ignoring his presence. I sit down and open the bag of chips and immediately start munching on them. I feel his presence before I see him, as he walks past me and sits in the booth seat across from me.

"Excuse you, this is a jerk-free booth." I stated, looking at my bag of chips like they were the most interesting thing in the world to hide the smirk on my lips. He growled.

"YOU will not disrespect me. I am an Alpha." He stated using his Alpha tone on me. It didn't really effect me, which is weird, but I didn't dwell on it. I growled, suddenly pissed off that he dare use that tone with me, after what he did.

"I will do as I please, you have no power over me, I'm not officially a part of your pack yet so I'm technically your guest, but that still does not mean you can order me around, like your bitch." I stated angrily, standing up and marching away with my chips.

"Alex wait! I didn't mean-" he called after me, but I didn't hear the rest of it, as I rounded the corner and tuned him out. I walked back towards Aryia's room eating the chips, then threw them in a trash can close to her door when I finished. I quietly opened then closed the door listening to her sleeping heartbeat, my anger at Nate instantly vanishing at the sight of a sleeping Aryia. She's adorable. I thought, sinking into the comfortable plush chair next to her bed. Suddenly feeling exhausted, I slumped on the chair getting comfortable, as sleep slowly consumed me.  

~~~~

Hey my readers! This chapter would've been up sooner today but my sister came home from my aunts and we caught up. This chapter is kinda just a filler chapter because I wanted to update today but didn't have any time to till I was half asleep.

Do you like how the story's going so far?

What do you think is going to happen next?

Have a great day, and I'll see you next update!