One

Despise

/da'spīz/

Verb

1.Feel contempt or a deep repugnance for.

Jeniveve Anderson

"Jeniveve do get ready we have to be at the Benefit in only an hour and your aren't even ready yet!" My mother nagged at me from my door.

"Yes mother I will be ready when we must leave I will start right away" I say in a dull tone.

She gives me a nod and closed my door, right as she dose I groan face planting into my pillow.

My name is Jeniveve Anderson but I like to go by Jen well around my friends anyway. My family is very very rich and stuck up but I'm not like my mother, father and older sister Katherine.

I'm eighteen years old and I'm from Indiana but you'd never realize that with how proper I have to be. I'm gonna be completely honest with you I hate it.

My family thinks that were better then everyone but I don't. Just because I have money doesn't mean you have to go rubbing it in other peoples faces.

I'm a very kindhearted person I'm also very very shy but once you get to know me I'm very funny and playful.

Well enough about me and more on this stupid Benefit for tonight. It's not really a Benefit it's more of a party at a world renowned country club.

My mother says she has a huge announcement for my family and I but I could care less. I got up and went to do my hair and make up.

I took a shower in the morning so it won't take me that me long. I lightly curled my blonde hair and ran my fingers through it making it look almost naturally.

My make up was a natural smokey eye with a wing eyeliner and mascara. For my lips a nude lipstick/ lipgloss.

I walked to my huge walk in closet and looked through my dresses. After settling on this beautiful strapless all back lace dress that stopped mid thighs. I matched it with my black open toed pumps.

I finished my look off with my Diamond stud earring, diamond necklace and sliver bracelet.

"Jeviveve lets go sweetheart we don't wanna be late" my father yelled up the stairs to me mildly annoyed.

I grabbed my black clutch purse an walked down the grand staircase. My family came into view as I saw my sister an her husband Derek.

He was filthy rich and gave my sister whatever she wanted. I didn't wanna guy like that I wanted a sweet, kind guy who I love for him not his wealth.

"Shall we go?" My sister asked me holding Derek's hand.

My mother nods as we got into the limo. On the way to the event my father and Derek talked about how there company's were doing. As my mother and Katherine talked about the latest fashion trends.

I honestly could careless I'm not one to car about fashion my mother makes and buys all my clothes. I like to get down an dirty, I love animals and riding quads and dirt bikes.

But my mother says and I quote 'young ladies must act classy and not trashy' this is what I hate about my mother.

Once we arrived the the country club we all walked in ad I saw someone I despise so much. Taylor Michael Caniff.

He's as id call him the rich Fuckboy of Indiana. Been with every girl or at least has tried to be. I don't like even Being in the same room as him.

He rude, stuck up, rotten and all round a major Fuckboy. I don't associate with him but my parents and his parents are best of friends. Oh did I forget to mention my parents absolutely adore him.

Taylor's family is filthy rich like my family and you can tell with him. He drives a Lamborghini for God sack! We all sat at a table together me of course stuck next to Taylor at the table.

I mentally groan as he smirks at me placing his hand on my knee. I look at him in disbelief as I slap his hand away. Dinner was served pretty quick and it was chicken, veggies, a baked potato and salad on the side.

I will admit I do love the food it's delicious as hell and don't mind it sometimes. As we all continued eating with the other ten family's I saw my parents and Taylor's parents walk to the center of the room.

My mother tapped the side of her wide glass gently as we all looked at them.

"Hello everyone I'm pleased to see you were all able to come tonight we have some very exciting news" my mother explains

Mrs.Caniff took over talking "we are pleased to tell you that our families have talked and has decided that in two short years Jeniveve and Taylor will be married" she exclaimed happily.

My eyes go wide as I was about to faint. Why Taylor why I wouldn't care if it was anyone else but by him!

Your probably confused but most rich families like ours arrange marriages so that way the families keep the wealth. The kids don't have a say and if you don't marry the person they arranged you with well your disowned from the family.

"Taylor, Jeniveve why don't you come up here and tell us how excited you are!" My dad said happily.

I look and sigh as Taylor and I walk up hand in hand till we were in the center of the room.

"I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful girl to be paired with to spend the rest of my life with" Taylor told everyone obviously lying trough his teeth.

I faked a smile "and I couldn't imagine my life without this very handsome man" I say trying not to choke on my own words.

Everyone clapped happily as we smiled still holding hands.

"They'll be moving in together with in a week so be sure to visit them very soon" Mr.Caniff announced.

Once the benefit ended and we got back to the house I walked straight in to my room closing the door locking it.

The tears were flowing down my face as I fell on my bed. I couldn't believe this was happening to me I never asked for this life. How am I suppose to marry someone I hate so much?

------------

A/N: hey guys so I hope you like that first chapter already drama and it's only the first chapter! Opinions on the book so far? Till the next update!

(Word Count 1118)

Vote,

Comment,

Follow,

I love you all- Destany