Chapter 5

It was Wednesday . We had holidays on Wednesdays . And I was busy worrying about my bench business , my unfinished bench business . I know , I think uneccesarily too much !

In the struggle between heart and mind , it is always the liver who suffers . But in my case , rather than suffering , the word was treating . I treated myself to chocolate ice cream and oreo .  One may like to imagine me as a damsel in distress ( in distress for the bench )( how stupid)( but the heart wants what it wants ) eating  her heart  out  and trying  to put on  an act ,but trust me , I was rather a food obsessed girl satisfying her sweet tooth cravings . Calories hurt , but chocolate ice cream and oreo deserve it . It is worth the pain . The hurt of calories provided by them rather provide me with solace .

...

In the evening , I went out with Adah to roam around . To roam around  on the streets to be followed by a dog , to listen  to your bestie swearing that if I ever offered a dog  chips again , she would never go out with me  , to her screaming and squeeling when the dog licks her , and then running  with all your life to hide inside a building .

This was the first time I didn't enjoy  spending time with Adah . We hadn't met for a week . Our first meeting after me joining medical coaching was terrible . She had changed a bit . The rather sweet and calm Adah had become cranky and complaining.

I said nothing . She had just come from a vacation . I was just hoping that it was part of  temporary post - vacation effects . 

After the dog chasing  event ,  we both didn't talk much . We both went home straightaway bidding each other bland goodbyes .

...

I was at home , sitting on my bed , revising my botany notes  for the war to be faced next day . TLN sir was going to ask random questions to people randomly . And the one who won't be able to answer his questions properly would become a victim of  self - underestimation and  humiliation. You wont underestimate yourself , he will make you do it . And then give you some funny , random prefix to your name which would make you the hot laughing stock of the batch .

I know I am more of a worry -ier than a warrior . But I had decided to learn how to become the latter .

So I sat revising my botany notes the rest of the evening .

Later , I got bored of studying snd dscided to open Facebook for a  while.

....

I saw nothing special  on Facebook . 35 notifications , 3 messages . I had 3 messages but I paid no attention to it . I had 35 notifications to check out .

Bwah ! Boring ! The notifications were all from photos and posts I had been tagged in .

Hey wait ! For like , after ages I had received a friend request .  I had  received a request from  Kethan Iyer .
Kethan Iyer ???? He was an Iyer ??? Okay he is  a Tamilian !! Great ! I was terribly shocked .

I just went on to check my messages , to find a message from him .

Kethan Iyer : Hi Shan ! Recognized me ?
Shanaya Dasgupta : Of course I did , Kethan .

I don't know but I found it really nice of him to call me anything but Dasgupta .

I scrolled through his profile and saw his pics .

Hey wait , what ?????

He went to NASA as part of the  NASA teen titans team  !!!??? Oh my god !!!

I guess I had underestimated him too badly .
But wait , why is he up for medical coaching if he is good with all that aeronautical stuff and bwah !!!???

Should it matter ???

I logged out . And decided to sleep as I had strained my eyes too badly , after staring at the screen for so long .