Why?

"Ross I know this is going to sound weird but I like you. No, how about Ross I know I'm your best friend but I like you. Ugh!! Why is this so hard to say!" You were currently trying to see how you were going to tell your best friend of 5 years that you liked him. Oh wait did I mention you were doing this by talking to a poster that you have of him? No? Well there you go.
"Hey Y/n how are you?"
"Aaahhh!! Why the heck would you scare me like that!?" The truth is you weren't scared because they scared you, you were scared because you thought it was Ross. Thankfully it was only Rydel.
"Sorry, anyways who were you talking to? There's no one here."
"Oh n-no one maybe you were just hearing things."
"C'mon Y/n you know you can tell me any- wait is that a poster of Ross?"
"Uh what are you talking about?" You said while trying to hide the poster.
"Never mind just tell me what you were doing."
Ok so no one actually knew you had a crush on Ross, well because they would think you're weird but you decided to tell Rydel. I mean what's the worst that could happen? (Me: well she could either not be your friend anymore because you like her brother or she could tell Ross and maybe he won't like you back. Reader: Wow well thanks for making me feel less nervous 😒. Me:You're welcome ☺️.)
"Ok Rydel I'm going to tell you but promise me you won't freak out ok?"
"Ok."
"Well I kinda sorta maybe like Ross."
You could tell that she was trying to hold back a scream but she seemed to calm down.
"Well what  are you waiting for?! You have to tell him!"
"That's why I was trying to figure out how I was going to tell him."
"Well I can help you."
"Really? Thanks Rydel you're a really good friend."
For the next fifteen minutes you and Rydel were trying to figure out what to say to Ross. When you finally  came up with something it was already getting late so you decided to tell him tomorrow.
~Next day~
Well today's the day you're going to tell you're best friend that you like him. You texted Ross to meet you at the park  and that you had to tell him something important. He texted back saying that he had to tell you something important too. ' I wonder what he has to tell me' you thought.
When you arrived at the park you saw him standing under a tree but he wasn't alone. He was with a girl that looked around your age that was wearing a dress. You went up to them and suddenly became really nervous.
"Hey Y/n! I've been meaning to tell you something important." Ross said when you approached them. You couldn't help but notice that they were holding hands.
"Ok so Y/n this is Courtney, Courtney this is Y/n." (No hate on Courtney I just needed someone for the story)
"Y/n Courtney is my girlfriend."
Your heart shattered. You couldn't believe what he just said. 'Why?' Was all you could think of. 'Why do these type of things have to happen to me?'