Chapter 7

Frederick's face changed from polite host to starving beast in less than a second. It startled Lucy enough that she gasped, but the sound was cut short as he tackled her mouth with his. A heartbeat later, Lucy returned the kiss with enthusiasm. She wanted this. He'd been in her thoughts since the moment they met. He was an incredible man, sexy, talented, and seemed like a good human being, too. But just now, all her thoughts were centered around how good this felt, right here, right now.

Frederick's hands were on her hips, tugging her to him until there was no space left between them. Lucy wondered if he had accidentally turned on the heater when he opened the walls of the trailer; she felt like she was on fire. Frederick must have been feeling that way too as he broke the kiss long enough to whip off his shirt and toss it to the floor. Lucy only got a quick glimpse of abs and a bit of chest hair before he closed the distance between them again. Not getting to see him was a small price to pay for getting to feel him, she decided. She ran her hands up the smooth skin of his back and shivered with delight as he worked his hands up the back of her shirt, clearly aiming to pull it over her head.

"Slow down," she murmured.

"Please, Lucy," he whispered into her hair. The huskiness in his voice dropped his usual baritone even lower. His greedy hands were moving everywhere at once.

"Frederick, wait."

"Don't worry, I've got protection this time," he said while rucking her shirt up to her bra-line.

"Stop!" she cried, exasperated.

He inhaled sharply, then stepped back, shoulders drooped in defeat. Lucy's heart clenched when she saw the sadness in his eyes. He was worried she was rejecting him, she realized. It startled her for a moment, the thought that this phenomenon, this world-class man was worried that she wouldn't want him.

"Frederick", she said, putting a hand on his well-toned obliques just above his hip bone. "I want to be here. I want this."

Frederick lifted his head. His eyes searched her face.

"You're sure?"

"Positive. I just want—"

"What? Lucy, what's bothering you?"

"Frederick." She gave him what she hoped was a playful, teasing smile. "The blinds are open."

He lit up like the sun after an eclipse. "Blinds! One sec," he said. He yanked a cord and sent the blinds crashing closed, spun the lock on the door handle and had Lucy's shirt off before the blinds had stopped clattering.

"We good?" he rasped against her mouth, her chest squashed against his.

"So good," Lucy affirmed. She ran her hands down his perfectly toned gluteus maximus as proof.

Frederick took off Lucy's bra and slowed his frenetic pace long enough to grunt approvingly at her bare breasts.

"You should never cover those," he rumbled, shaking her bra at her.

Lucy laughed as Frederick tossed the offending garment across the room. Frederick yanked down the zipper of Lucy's pants, putting his hand between her legs and cupping her most sensitive parts. Lucy sighed with pleasure, wriggled against his hand for a moment, then shimmied out of her pants to give him full access. He reached into a drawer behind her as she stepped out of her jeans. She hurried with the top button of his pants. No, trousers. There were the pants. The soft cotton felt far too tight given the action going on inside them, so she pulled everything down for him.

Lucy wrapped her hand around his erection. "Oh, wow," she murmured.

"It'll do, will it?" he asked huskily, ripping open a small foil wrapper.